Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Blogiversary!





















The Stillness of Winter


I remember a time
When the icy crust
Of Bridgit lay upon
The land like a
Crystalline calling
Of things to be.
Meditate with me now
On hues of ivory
Blessed by a grip
Of relentless indifference.
Invite the stillness
Within the quickened
Rhythm of your pulsing heart.
Feel your mind solidify
With each passing thought.
Allow the chilled air
To penetrate the deepest
Concealed places of your essence.
Tolerate your body losing
Its warmth to the unfeeling
Handshake of Winter.
Become numb in the tranquility
And experience in your core
The essence of being.


************************************************************************************

Today I've been blogging for 4 years! Can you believe it?

The winter winds are whipping through here with the power of a freight train. But those snows are from years past. I just felt I owed it to Winter which is not anywhere near done even though yesterday was sunny and warm...it was just a lull.

So in honor of the groundhog being right and a wonderful 4 years of blogging...I'm having a contest. Leave a comment in this post and on Sunday I will have my son draw names out a hat for some goody yet to be determined...but it will be nice.

Thank you to all of you who have made blogging a wonderful experience. I've made so many friends and learned so many things. Blogging has truly blessed my life because of all of you! :)

In love and light,
Ruinwen
:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on four years! That is wonderful. :) I'm glad that we've met too.

Nana Sadie said...

Whoohoo! We are the Class of Blogging 2005! Congrats and Happy Blogiversary!
(((hugs)))

Geraldine said...

How beautifully written Ruinwen and what a wonderful photo to accompany. Happy Happy Blogoversary, that is a real achievement, wow...4 years. You've go me for a regular visitor for many more.

Hugs, G

Birdsong said...

I managed to get in on this while it was still your Blogiversary in MY time zone! So glad you decided to start a blog back four years ago, or I would never have gotten to know you. Congrats!

Bianca said...

Congrats my friend on your fourth blog-anniversary. It is always a pleasure to read your thoughts!