Monday, May 21, 2007

Spring Fling



Here is the booth all set up.



Here is my meager display of knitted and crocheted items. But you know what I was happy to have that much done. DH made some lovely new chain mail pieces and combined metals too. I finally finished the drop stitch shawl and it turned out really nice...so all in all, I was very happy.

It was a s-l-o-w Fair. No one was buying. But as always we made back the fees and the food which makes us happy. My sister crocheted with us and she made some lovely pot scrubbies that have a sponge in them. My son and his cousins came to visit with Nana. Bless the Goddess for Nana who took care of the kids this weekend for all of us adults! She is a saint! :)

The tent behind us blew over and folded in half. The poor thing's legs were straight up in the air and it took quite a few of us to help get it down again. There was a lot of wind and we need to rethink some weight strategies since the wind moved our 25-pound ones!

But all in all, it was oodles of fun. And...I completed my goals for this month. I survived both Fairs! Yeah me! :)

Hope you all have an awesome day!

Ruinwen
:)

Oh, thank you so much for your support in the last post. You all are the best and the sweetest people on Earth! :)

5 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Glad the fair went well, and you didn't blow away! Wish it had been better in the $$ category.
Have been thinking of you...
(((hugs)))

Chelle said...

Sorry that the fair was slow, dollars-wise, but your booth looks great!

Carol & Christine said...

Been thinking so much about you lately!

Sorry to hear the $$ aspect didnt meet your goals, but I am so glad that in the midst of everything you've been through, you had the chance to shine!

Your a beautiful, amazing, inspirational friend... and I am so happy to have you in my life!!

Birdsong said...

I do understand about the fair being slow; our crafts co-op is more slow than bustling and I am evaluating my time as well. I think you did well to make lists and think your commitments through... I hope you are making enough room for your passions to bloom.

Plain Jane said...

The Sr. Center booth at last weekend's Flower Fair didn't sell much either. The Ceramics group, which usually sells several hundred dollars worth of their art barely broke $40. I think it's the current economy as I saw lots of people looking, but very few purchasing items at any of the booths. Your knit & crochet items are beautiful!