Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In the Heat of Summer

"Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you."
-- Shakti Gawain

I realize that I’ve been away from the blog for a while but I just needed a breather to work out how to fit all the important things in my life into my life…and it has been so darn hot that I've been lazing about.

I’ve been knitting and working on WIPs and trying to create something new and wonderful that no one has made in quite the same way before. Creating something new is exhausting but exhilarating at the same time.

I’ve been working on my idea of the perfect tank…which may not be your idea or anyone else’s idea…which may in fact, make it a bad idea…but I’m still working on it.

I still believe I will find a way to knit in a bra thingy or create a really tight, supportive fabric that will hold everything in place. But it has been slow coming and nothing is working quite right. Everything is kinda wonky and I’ve put it away for a while.

That is why I am working on the WIPs…because they are there and they need to be done. But it has been so hot that I find it hard to do anything and stay focused on it.

Truthfully as soon as that first day when the trees start to turn and I can feel the tendrils of winter reaching through like icy fingers into my soul; my creative fire is stuck on low. I’ve always found my best ideas come in the winter when I am in my bear cave of inspiration.

The way I work is, in the fall I start stockpiling yarns and ideas; like a squirrel. And in the winter I take these treasures and create until about May when it starts getting hot again and then my creative juices wane and I find it hard to do anything without effort.

In the colder weather everything seems so effortless that I get spoiled. The funny thing is I really dislike the cold yet it is always so good to me (except when I spun out on that black ice on Christmas morning). Conversely I love being warm yet my mind shuts off like a heat pump covered in ice. I just don’t get it.

Anyway, I’m trying to strike a balance between all the things in my life; hot or cold. This blog is one of the things I really enjoy because I get to meet wonderful people like you.

So give me a chance to get caught up on the blogs I read on the side bar and I will (hopefully) get some pictures up later on in the week of my WIP.

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

3 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

WOW! It's SOOOOOOOOOO good to see you back! I've missed you dreadfully and you're right it's been unbearably hot!
Still...don't get lost, okay?
I think lots of knitters/crocheters/fiber enthusiasts feel the same about hot weather...
(((hugs)))

Bianca said...

Take it easy in the hot temperatures that you have over there. We have rain since 1 1/2 week - the first week was really miserable. But now the temps are comfortable :-) And as you wrote already...it will come back ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've heard from more than one knitter now that they don't feel as much like knitting in the summer months. Heat makes me totally shut down, too.