Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Progress Made :)




The feather and fan blanket is done! I really like the colors. I was disappointed with the quality of the Red Heart yarn. I think their yarn has really changed and I am hesitant to buy any more. :(





So, here is my yarn fresh out of the microwave. The purple is really dark but I loved the blue and green. So right now it is a steaming mess but I'm actually really happy with it. :)

We'll see what it looks like wound up when it is cooled and dried. I want to take some of the motifs from the lace shawl and make a scarf. I think it will look nice.

Well, that is all for now. I've been working like mad on the salmon stole too but it just doesn't seem like it. Oh, well!

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Carol & Christine said...

Beautiful! I love the feather and fan blanket. I love the colorway. I do agree with you, Red Heart is definetly different these days. I try and stay away from it as much as possible.

I love the way your yarn looks and cant wait to see it dried and balled!!! It looks so yummy!

Now I need to dye something!

Kathy said...

The blanket is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

The feather-and-fan looks really nice, and it'll probably soften up with washing.

The microwaved yarn is REALLY interesting looking, though. I wanna know how you did that! And I can't wait to see what it looks like made into something.

Nana Sadie said...

Wow! You may not like the yarn but the blanket is GORGEOUS! I don't care for Red Heart, never have...but I will suggest Caron Simply Soft to you! I love that. May need to try that feather and fan in a pretty Caron yarn soon....
(((hugs)))