Monday, June 12, 2006

Hope for the WIPS

"Activity is not an achievement. It is not enough to rush about beginning a lot of things and keeping busy. A well-spent life is one that rounds out what it has begun."
-- Eknath Easwaran

"Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them."
-- Joseph Joubert

"Good to begin well, better to end well."
-- English proverb

So my beloved little boy is off with his Nana and Pop Pop for a week at the beach and I am left with all this extra time. I tried to clean and wash and do all that time-consuming stuff yesterday so I would have time to dedicate to my WIPS.

I have picked the three oldest projects to work on and I am determined to finish at least one of them. I have been resisting the lure of making another little bag…this time for myself. I think it would be fabulous in some hand-painted merino that I’ve been saving.

I need to be strong. Until something comes off the “On My Needles Section” I will not begin something new. Or rather this week I will not begin something new because I will finish one of these chosen projects:

Teal Baby Sweater in King Cole
Multi blue/green baby blanket
Salmon stole 4 different yarns

I talked to my DH and asked what was important to get done while our son was away and his goal is to do as many cooperative missions in Perfect Dark as possible. So, I figure I can knit for an hour each night and then play and at least definite progress should occur.

Plus I will bring the stole to the shop which means I should be able to get something done. The blanket comes with me to work and I should get at least an inch done at lunch every day.

So that is my plan and my focus for this week.

Today is the only day that I have where I get to go home right after work and be alone and I am going to call my Mom and Kool-Aide dye some yarn in green and yellow. I’ve never done this before but I wanted to do it when I had a block of time and this will be my only opportunity so wish me luck!

Happy Crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I notice in many of your "I just cast *this* on" posts is that you saw the pattern somewhere and just HAD to make it.

My advice: Don't look at any other patterns until you're done with your current projects. Put the books down, don't look at patterns at your LYS, don't click on patterns linked from anyone's blogs.

That way you might not be as tempted to start yet another UFO! (UnFinished Object--learned that one from Happy Hooker!)

Carol & Christine said...

I cant wait to see your hand dyed yarn! I may have to live through your experiments. Im afraid of hurting my porcelain sink... unless you tell me that it wont hurt it....!!!