Friday, February 12, 2010

A Breather


Here is our neighborhood during the 2nd blizzard.



Here is Widdershins chillin' with the boys.


The winds crafted some wicked icicles.


These are my favorites. These icicles have been there since just after Christmas...and I suspect they will not be going away any time soon.



Here is my completed scarf for Spring Fest. It feels good to finish a project that is not due for a while. I've really been trying to keep to my goal of three projects on the needles; one for me, one for charity and one for Vixenpath.


I rewarded myself by casting on this. Knitnana really inspired me to give this scarf/shawl a go. This is super yummy Araucania Ranco in color 105. I must say even though I struggled with this pattern because I can't count...no really...I'm totally in love with the subtle change in color and the delicate lace vines starting to emerge.


I want to thank everyone who wrote to me cheering me up. I think this season is a test of my will...more then others passed. I did do my reading and I was gifted with this wisdom.
  • The ice that covers everything symbolizes a transition between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind.
  • Quality time with your family will assure them of a secure future.
  • Whatever you begin or straighten out now, will last for years.
  • Discover future cycles in your life.
  • And the God and Goddess will always care for all of their children.
A lot to ponder. But being snowed in with your family for two days gives you time to think.

My essence came UPS...in the snow...FES rocks! So I have been using it and I feel a bit lighter...but that could be because I lost another pound! My clothes are fitting better and better and I'm really proud of how much I've accomplished.

Baby steps...

I can't believe it is Friday already. I can't wait to sit and knit tonight in front of the fire.

I wish you all a wonderful, safe and happy weekend.

Ruinwen
*hugs*
:)

*Oh, a shout out should go to DH who photographed all my pictures. Which reminds me as Valentine's Day rounds the bend...Thank you, honey, for always doing my photoshoots...it means so much to me to have pictures to post again. I love you!

4 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous photos your DH took, and yes, the knits are lovely. I'm so glad you're feeling better, and CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!
(((hugs)))

rueyeet said...

I like the SpringFest thing, it's got very spring-y colors. :) I actually have quite a few scrubbies done for SpringFest, too!

It sort of seems as if either Bridget or Isa is trying to tell you something...just watch out for those icicles. :D

Bianca said...

The photos are indeed beautiful! Especially the icicles! Good to see some of your knitting again too

Geraldine said...

I would LOVE to have a big heaping pile of snow to enjoy, send it up here ok!!! LOL We haven't had much at all, just a dusting to date.

Love the orange blend yarn, gorgeous!!!!

Hugs again, G