Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm Awake Now...Really. :)

“It's important to be heroic, ambitious, productive, efficient, creative, and progressive, but these qualities don't necessarily nurture soul. The soul has different concerns, of equal value: downtime for reflection, conversation, and reverie; beauty that is captivating and pleasuring; relatedness to the environs and to people; and any animal’s rhythm of rest and activity.”

-- Thomas Moore 
 Thanks for your concern and well wishes! Your words mean more to me then you know!

So after Friday tearing me into the ground; I had no choice but to step back and take it easy. Here is a goodie that came to me. The Woolen Rabbit makes such lovely yarn. I saw the colors on her blog and had to have them. I can't wait to dig into this beautiful...yummy yarn!

As much as Friday wore me out I really came away with accomplishing a bunch of things that were very close to my heart. I've been working on a way to make a ritual necklace that embodied my way of praying. Kind of like a rosary... Anyway, I spent three years researching and figuring out the correspondence of each stone as it fits into what I believe and finally...here it is. You can't believe how happy I am to finish a project that has been on the back burner for three years! And a special shout out goes to Willow who really helped me to think about a bunch of things I hadn't before. I don't think this would have been possible without her words of wisdom.



Do you ever buy something thinking how cute it would be in such and such only to horde it away to never see the light of day again? Well, these cute little bug beads were bought years ago for fair. I thought they would make nice little spring bracelets for the kids.

I actually made 5 of them this Friday. And they have been kid-tested and approved by my sweet niece.

I made a bunch of other jewelry too. Finished by sock class write up...bless you DH for taking all those photos *kisses* you know you are the best! I also *gasp* organized all my beads, findings and cords. So on Wed when I go to bead all I have to do is load the board with my ideas!

We worked on our Sheep & Wool lamb entry which, has to be in by the 5th...but it just didn't make the grade and we are buying more lamb today and marinating it to try and enhance the flavor.

And then there was taxes...which are in no way complete. But I did feel that I really took a bite out of a lot of little things that needed to be done.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Yes, you and Becky here are enabling me right into the Woolen Rabbit's line...
(((hugs)))

Willow Goldentree said...

That is beautiful! I can see how much work went into it. There's such a spiritual energy about it, even in picture. I'm so glad to see the finished project. :)

I think things that take long to create are the best. I understand having to wait for that divine inspiration to hit. I've had projects like that, and once they're completed, you know there's more to them then just some beads strung together.

Geraldine said...

Your jewelry looks really beautiful, love the colors and the choice of beads. Glad you are feeling better.

Huggs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I actually went up to a bead wholesaler this weekend to get beads for my own sale-purpose. I love bead shopping. I did a ton of beading when I was younger and then once on my own never found the time or extra cash to keep up with it. Now that Im not doing massage, I have plenty of time.

It sounds like, with getting so much accomplished, that you are in a better mental and spiritual place than you have recently been in. What a blessing!

You beading will bring great joy to whomever purchases it.

p.s. I havent forgotten to email you back regarding our last email convo, my internet is acting up so I never know when I can get into my email ... to respond. Lots of Love!!