Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Beautiful Things

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry this pic is so not showing the beauty of this piece. Dan is just an amazing crafter. I've been reading his blog for a while now and have watched him make lovely crochet, beautiful sea glass jewelry...then he got into art for a while...and now he is doing things with precious metals that are just amazing. I fell in love with this pendant the minute I saw it and had to have it. Seeing it now I realize that I didn't know how resplendent silver could be. Dan coaxes luminosity out of metal that I have never seen before. So if you have a sec you should go check him out...he is amazing! :)

So I realized that the leaf edging just wasn't what I wanted. No matter how many leaves I swatched they never looked right. And believe me, I swatched a lot of leaves. In fact, I was in the middle of one when we were waiting for our food at I-Hop and the Cat in the Hat came to our table. My son gave him a high five. I wished I'd had my camera. Actually, I wish I had brought my mice with me and I could have had a picture of the Cat in the Hat with my little mouse...what a pic that would have been! But if wishes were fishes...then I'd be up to my armpits in tuna.

Needless to say sometimes the simple is better and I have begun casting off the caplet in picot edging. Happy comforting...has never let me down...picot. I'm hoping to get some good knitting time at the LYS tomorrow while my mice are felting. I love that they have a felting machine! So I can work on two things at the same time *yea*.

Goodness knows tomorrow will be the last time I can work on it with Ostra/Easter and the cleaning of Dad's house this weekend. *whew* I'm tired already.

I wish you all a beautiful day and happy crafting.

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Just Me said...

That silver pendant does look lovely. I don't think I could have resisted it either :)

Carol & Christine said...

I've been eyeing his site for a long time as well. I saw that pendant and thought... "Hmmm" I need to wait to buy anything though, but I am glad you got it! :o)