Thursday, April 03, 2008

You Reap What You Sow

Every week I pick a tarot card to kinda guide me through the week and help me to make the right choices. I used to pick one a day but that was way too much thinking ya know? LOL

Anyway, this week I picked Death. Now, most people when they see this card balk. But my name means Reaper. I am supposed to take the Grim One as a sign that there is much work to be done in my life and get rid of the old to make way for the new.

I always thought my parents were pretty smart to give me a name that might help overcome my enormous amount of startitis in one house and nothing in the completion one.

So after saying a prayer for all my friends, family and other assorted loved ones I got a’reapin’.

I sent out goodie boxes
I finished our taxes
I tried lamb until it was just right and sent the recipe to the judges at S&W
I cleaned up and organized

And just when I was feeling really good about myself…I find this sock in my drawer at work, pushed to the back and long forgotten. It was last blogged about on January 21st, 2006. It seems a reaper’s work is never done. *sigh*

So world meet my oldest WIP. This is from a sock class that I took online with one of my blog friends who is probably sniggering in her coffee at me. Which, I deserve. I really do.

But with my new attitude…I see this little sock as a good thing. When I started it I had no idea how to use all those fun socky techniques that are second nature to me now.

I played with it yesterday at the LYS and not only figured out where I left off but made quite a leap from 1/21/06 to the sock you see above. Besides we are on my favorite part; the heel. I love heel shaping. :)

So While I may reap what I sow…or knit in this case. This sock was patient and waited for me to get to a point where I understood the method and the stitches before making its appearance. Now I can’t wait to finish it.

I can't wait to see what else I can finish before the week is done! :)

Have a great day!

Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Geraldine said...

I think your 'reap' idea is a good one. YOur socks are gonna be mighty fine!!! Love your name,your parents picked such an original one for you.

Do stop back to Veggies...when you can and let me know, re: my response to your Earth Hour comment, I think this could be the start of something great!

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Nana Sadie said...

OH HAHAHAHAHA! Yes, I am.
;)
Congrats. It was time.
And...I look at Death as the Change card. As in TIME.FOR.CHANGE!

I'm glad you got so much accomplished.
(At least I didn't snort my coffee!)
(((hugs)))

Carol & Christine said...

Oh Ruinwen, You *never* cease to amaze me. Reading of your growth, inspires me to stare my future dead on... with the hopes of coming out of it just fine, like you always seem to do.

I've always considered myself an optimistic person but last night through another sleepless night, realized I talk myself out of being positive all the time lately. I have cards, not tarot (for I do not understand them or know of a good set to get, any suggestions?) but I have a set called Celtic Oracle Cards. When I do use them, I find they speak the truth.

Cards mystify me.

Again, your words appear on your page magically and always seem to captivate me. Have a fantastic week!

Birdsong said...

Isn't it funny how those lingering UFOs just kinda 'get' to you and make you take action. I love knowing the meaning of your name and why they chose it.