Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag!



I first saw this Market Bag here at knitorious and fell in love.

I started one the next day and by Friday night it was done. This bag can really hold a lot more then I imagined!

It didn't even take two balls of Sierra Quatro so I have enough to make another one. My DH wants me to come up with a pattern of my own that we can sell after reading this news article . I'm going to keep on in each of our cars so that when the need arises we have a bag and don't have to use plastic ones from the store.



As you can see I, like so many others, have my Harry Potter book. I will not be saying a word...I hate people who spoil it for others...but I did want you to see how big this bag really is. And it is strong too 'cuz this tome is mighty heavy!

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

8 comments:

Bianca said...

Super bag! I have to find the time to make me one...the yarn to finish the dress came in and I am working on that at the moment.But I saved the pattern!

Kimberly said...

Wow! That bag is wonderful and it certainly does hold a lot!

Happy reading!

Jackie said...

The bag is great. Love it.

Nana Sadie said...

What a terrific bag! I have some in my car (not hand-knitted) and can never remember to grab them. I'm going to try to do a better job from now on...
(((hugs)))

Carol & Christine said...

Great bag!

Have you finished the book already?!

I haven't had a ton of time to sit down and read it... so I appreciate you not saying anything. :oD

I really love this bag! How is your spinning coming along?

Vicki Knitorious said...

That bag has amazing capacity and strength!! Quick & fun to knit, too. It turned out great!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about knitting a market bag for a long time. This might be the one....I especially like the color you chose....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that's a really interesting article you linked. Didja know (or did I tell you!) that Ikea now charges 5 cents apiece for plastic bags at their checkouts -- or you can buy a HUGE reusable bag for a dollar.

Me, I'm still sloooowly cutting up my old plastic shopping bags to make that tote I'm planning on. *oy*

That's a really cool bag you've made there...it almost looks like crocheted net! :) I bet it folds up small and expands like nobody's business, too. *thumbs up*