Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy First Day of Spring!

Consciousness is the basis of all life and the field of all possibilities. Its nature is to expand and unfold its full potential. The impulse to evolve is thus inherent in the very nature of life.
-- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Happy Ostra / Welcome Spring!


This is a mat for my healing altar made from sari silk. I figure that the mat and I have suffered enough that the love and dedication that I have towards the people I put on this should benefit. I have never used sari silk before so mine may be unique. The joins are wound around bits of wood which have stabbed me in so many places now that I think donning some chain mail armor is in order.

But the colors are so lovely and varied that I forgive the wood joins. Just seeing the final product gives me great joy. I equate this project to all the experiences that didn’t quite go as planned. Our trials, tribulations, and successes are all tied together sometimes by pain other times by understanding and wisdom. These different fabrics of our being make us who we are today. So instead of dwelling on the difficult times, we should focus on the whole picture for each of us is a beautiful creation with colorful differences that make us special; unique.


Here is how QOH is evolving. The stark contrast of fibers between the healing mat and this shawl is almost unnerving. The Schaffer is so soft and luscious that my hands sing to knit it. I am in love with this project and it is my reward at the end of the day.








Here is a bit of beading from a class I taught today. And if I have not sung the praises enough of my DH I will take a moment to do so. After much stringing and nary any serenity when my threader jumped ship last night, my DH came in at 5 am and finished stringing all my beads. Thank you, thank you and a thousand times thank you. I am so blessed. :)





This is an easy pattern but the rayon is slippery beyond belief and the beads will drive you a bit loco until you find your rhythm. Once you do, the whole thing flows like the tides and is quite enjoyable. You can get this kit at www.swallowhillcreations.com.






I finished the basket weave scarf for the wonderful guy who orders all my parts at work. He loved it. :)

I am still waiting for visible signs that winter is truly over for another year. I’m hoping Phil just didn’t freak out at a new handler and want to get back to bed. :)

But seriously…thank you to all you bloggers who have posted their flowers sprouting forth in beautiful colors…I will enjoy spring vicariously through your pages for now and deep in my heart.

Bright blessings and happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

9 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Wow - what a colorful post! And QOH is just gorgeous...I love her almost as much as I do mine!
(((hugs)))

Kimberly said...

Wow, look at all the projects! Everything is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love all of this RED--I added to my Koigu post to answer you question...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quote!

Anonymous said...

The sari mat might be a pain in the you-know-what, but it's really pretty. QOH is turning out really well too!

And I really like the photo for the beading...the pic is composed really well, I think.

Denise said...

We got home from Florida over the weekend to all of our snow melted, and flowers comin' up everywhar! Yahoo!!

And there is nothing like a lovely soft yarn to make your hands sing...

Anonymous said...

I have been getting all of your kind and supportive comments and just wanted to say Hi and Thanks...

Anonymous said...

How about a new post with one you your wonderful quotes???

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain--as you know I just got over the Flu...Sleep is the best thing and I look forward to you feeling better.