Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring is In the Air

"Let the waters settle
you will see stars and moon
mirrored in your Being."

-- Rumi

Spring At Last


Spring has finally sprung and I couldn't be happier! :)

I've been fighting the nasty flu so I haven't been up to much...but I did manage this...

My First Sock

That's my DH's foot, not mine. :)

and this:

My Second Sock


This sock is done on big double points and is perfect for a first-timer like me. It has all the sock basics so you learn how to turn a heel and graft a toe while using big yarn and needles. I'm going to be teaching this as a sock seminar at the LYS. Who would have thunk? :)

Speaking of socks knitnana has come up with another great bag, the posy-sock-sack. I can't wait to get one of my own!

So my head feels like it's stuffed with fluff but at least it is Spring again and I understand how to make socks! I know I need to do a check-in for my goals but I will do that tomorrow if that is okay with you? :)

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

10 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I love your socks! So sorry you're battling a bug....
Just let me know about the Posy Sock Sack...and thank you for the mention on your blog!
Feel better soon?!?
((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

I love the socks too and I'm glad you are feeling beter.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of your learning how to do socks is that once again, you've taken something that used to intimidate you and triumphed over it! Just like with lace, Fair Isle, etc. In fact I'm sensing a pattern here... :)

Sue said...

The socks came out great! You'll be hooked on making them in no time.

I can sympathize with the head stuffed with fluff feeling. It's no fun. Feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Ruinwen!!!!!! I understand completely about the bug I recently just got over bronchitis and pneumonia so take it easy......

Sue said...

Ruinwen,

I hope you had a very nice birthday!!

Bianca said...

Beautiful socks Ruinwen! I think you'll be hooked on sock knitting in no time :-)

Indigo said...

Happy belated Birthday!

I really like those socks (especially the black and white ones).

I am currently battling a slipper pattern. This is my fourth attempt and my 3rd increase in needle size as I try to get the cuff to go over my foot.

Birdsong said...

The thick socks are the ones that bring real comfort, not to mention how good they feel during a long day's hike. Hope you are on the mend.

Jackie said...

I love your socks too.