Saturday, March 10, 2007

Room For a Positive View

“I can change. I can live out my imagination instead of my memory. I can tie myself to my limitless potential instead of my limiting past.”
-- Stephen Covey

This is the poncho I am making for the Fair. I really think it looks nice with the fancy ribbon in it. But truthfully, I hate knitting with ribbon yarn that has holes or railroads in it. The needle keeps getting stuck and I curse a lot. I've tried to change this negative view because the result is so lovely. I guess the lesson is that even though adding these little touches is a great big pain and takes twice as long, the result is worth the effort. Kind of like most things in life. :)

These last few weeks have been like that. There were times when I just wanted to give up and have a pity party for myself but I kept trying to stay positive and lo and behold after Mercury went back into place on Wednesday everything was suddenly okay. So on the next row of ribbon, I will remember that the sweet Patons is only 10 rows ahead of me and everything will work out okay in the end.

What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche


Remember that Kool-Aid I dyed a while ago? Well, I decided it would look great as a drop stitch scarf. It is actually quite long. I went over the three-foot mark thinking it wouldn't be long enough. *ooops*. Well, I was wrong...and it is more then adequate...but if you wrap it around and then loop it in itself it looks really cool. I hope at least someone at Fair thinks so.

Two goals down for the month already *yeah me*.

Also, DH and I revamped the blog today. I really like the new drop and drag aspect of Blogger.

Have a nice weekend.

Ruinwen
:)

6 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I like your perspective today! Isn't it amazing how in the "thick" of all the stressful stuff we get sooo short-sighted that we freak out? Then with a little bit of space, suddenly we're breathing again. It's a real reminder to me, at least, to try to remember to BREATHE!
The poncho looks great and someone is going to really enjoy that scarf.
(((hugs)))

Kimberly said...

Both items are lovely. I really like the knitted ribbon, even if it was a pain to knit! :)

Birdsong said...

I agree about avoiding railroad yarns (bad memories of a project a few years ago). Nice thoughts for dealing with the inevitable setbacks, though.

Anonymous said...

Your Friedrich Nietzsche quote is my son's all time favorite quote!

I love your drop stitch scarf! Is there a pattern out there for it? It's lovely!

Sue said...

Don't you just love Patons Classic Merino? I assume that's what you're talking about when you say "sweet Patons". It's my favorite basic wool to work with. The Kool-Aid dyed wool is so pretty and the scarf should sell with no problem. Are you still crocheting blankets for the Fair?

Anonymous said...

Well, it's nice to meet you too.--I really like the quote at the top of your post and wrote it down so I would remember it. I also like the two greens together with that pain in the a_ _ detail, it is totally worth the trouble.