Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Candlemas / Imbolic / Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow for the first time since 1999. So that means an early spring!

January seemed to go by so fast. Here is what I got done.

JANUARY GOALS
* work on sheep - never got to
* work on clapotis for Bridget - I'm on the length repeats now *yeah*
* Finish dishcloth - finished both
* finish intermediate class in crochet - never got to
* start a simple tank top to go with shrug - started and writing up pattern as I go
* start poncho for Spring Fair - never got to

Okay so I could do a little better...I've been working on a scarf for my son for Valentine's Day that looks like a sheep and it is almost done. I have something else that is *top secret* until after Valentine's Day...

FEBRUARY GOALS
* Keep on working on Bridget's clapotis - I try and do at least 2 rows a night, usually more
* Finish both Valentine's Day gifts
* Start that poncho for Fair
* Finish blanket for Fair
* Keep working on tank for LYS
* Do another pattern repeat on QOH shawl

We all know that I get sidetracked...like this month I went crazy with that afghan pattern and still have one on the hooks...I also fell in love with some Schaffer yarn (lambswool) and started on the Queen of Hearts shawl that I've been wanting to make. This is the yarn I earned for classes and could never afford otherwise...I'm in love with the whole project. It will be more of a cape in the end...and I will look like little red riding hood...but who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

I digress...

May the blessings of the season bring you creativity, inspiration and the sweet bliss of crafting.

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

You will SO enjoy make QOH! I love mine!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

So would you believe it, when I got home after Bridgit's thingie last night, I just had to draw! And not only figured out that dress I had been noodling over, but got a decent pic of Merai into the bargain (okay, except the one arm, but I'll finish that later). w00t!