Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Diagonal Baby Blanket

Here is my diagonal baby blanket. It is crocheted starting at the edge and you increase two blocks each row and then decrease two blocks each row. It is 3' X 3' and made of Patons chunky, angora, and Zarone.

We are trying to get people interested at the LYS in making blankets for the new hospice center that opened up here in town. I am sending this blanket to the shop to show how nice this pattern crochets up. I actually really enjoyed making it too! I am making another one for Spring Fair.

Hope everyone is surviving the cold...and the week...

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Lovely! Nat, from my SNB group is making a similar blanket for her bed. I covet it too!

Nana Sadie said...

How pretty! I don't crochet, but that's one lovely blanket - and for a worthy cause!
You stay warm, too, okay?
(((hugs)))

Indigo said...

Beautiful!

I realized it's been a few years since I've crocheted an afghan. Hm... just what I need another project but what a wonderful charity project.

Anonymous said...

I so totally want to make one of these when you teach that class. Looks like once one got the rhythm of it, it'd make up in a flash!

Anonymous said...

Very nice.... I have been knitting small blankets for a preemie charity... While I have made a couple large knitted and even crocheted blankets/afghans... I can not quite get myself to do them in larger sizes these days... I am currently working on one in pinks that is little squares of different patterns [that way it seems smaller].... if people will not tackle a big project, you might try something like that to get them interested.