Thursday, October 19, 2006

One Day at a Time

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes to my parents. Dad goes into surgery tonight and is in good spirits. Mom had a rough day but is healing a little more each day. One day at a time.



Here is Mom's Lapghan completed. She likes these to cover her knees so I made this one special. It is sooo incredibly soft! The yarn is Acapulco and it is a merino blend from Italy. I would love to make me something out of this beautiful yarn!



Here is my sweater on dpns. See I just love using the ChiaoGoo needles. They are so smooth and easy to work with. I think I can finish the ribbing tonight and start on finishing the second sleeve. Then I may just cast on a sock...simply because I can!

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Sorry Sweetie...I missed this!

You and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers...

Anonymous said...

You've got me hooked (no pun intended, heh) on the ChaioGoo needles too. They do work so smoothly, and I love the way they pick up the warmth of your hands and radiate it back.

That lapghan looks all kinds of soft and nummy, too.

Carol & Christine said...

Never heard of these needles... may have to ebay em.. haha.

Lapghan looks very comfy and I could use it right now.. it's cold!