Wednesday, August 14, 2019

*Achievement Get*



This is a little creek by our house.  At the beginning of Summer, the water was up to the asphalt you see on the right.  The ground was super saturated so much that when it rained we had flash flooding for a good part of three weeks.  Then we got the heat.  After the high heat temps, the water tables are down, the big storms that were a daily occurrence weeks ago gave way to hot and humid temps with dangerous air quality.  And this week, the temps are down and the air is cooler and easier to breathe again.  

I feel a lot like this little creek.  There have been so many changes and extremes in my life but I just keep on going with the flow.  Some days I bubble over in happiness and some days I just get so bogged down in feelings that I can hardly breathe...but I keep going forward regardless.  Some times my momentum is only inches, but always forward.

I finished updating the blog this week.   *achievement get*
I made my step count each day.  *achievement get*
I ate in calories all week.  *achievement get*
DH and I walked 3 times this week. *achievement get*
I worked at least four hours every day (most days more).  *achievement get*
I cleaned at least three hours every day.  *achievement get*

I feel like I slipped back in where I left off and it seems so easy and seamless.  I enjoy writing the blog.  I enjoy eating well.  I enjoy feeling energized and awake from a previous day well spent.  I just feel stupidly, giggly...happy.  

Things are getting done.  Goals are being achieved.  My life is being well-lived and I am so...blessed...thankful...and full of joy.

Here is a bit of fibery goodness...


This is Page's Blanket.  It got too hot to work on it for a while.  I love the Classic Ripple pattern.  It is a pretty easy knit when you get used to the pattern.  But there are some tricky spots.  Let me help you navigate through them if you are new to knitting.

Multiples of 12 + 3

This pattern is two rows that are repeated until you achieve your length.  You can change colors or use a variegated yarn like this one.  This is Plymouth Yarn: Hotcakes - #006 - Garden Mix.

Row 1:     

K1, sl 1, K1, PSSO, * K9, CCD  * repeat from * across, to last 12 stitches, K9, K2tog, K1.

Row 1 Abbreviations

PSSO - pass slipped stitch over the knitted one

CDD - central double decrease (two stitches decreased) - insert the left-hand needle into the next the two stitches, at the same time, as if you were going to knit them and slip them to the right-hand needle, K1, pass the two slipped stitches over the knit stitch

Note: after the 1st row, make sure to work the P1, YO, P1 from the previous row in the same order so the YO falls in the right place each time.  It sometimes helps to fan out the stitches if they are all sticking together.

Row 2:

P6, *(P1, YO, P1), P9 * repeat from * across, to last 7 stitches, (P1, YO, P1), P6

Row 2 Abbreviations

(P1, YO, P1) - (two stitches increased) - purl 1 but leave the stitch on the left-hand needle, yarn over, purl again into the same stitch, let stitch drop off of the left-hand needle

And that's it!

Have a great week!
Happy Crafting,

Ruinwen



3 comments:

Geraldine Hartman said...

Your blog is looking good Ruinwen. Nice to see you are still blogging and crafting. Love that color combination. I have four sites /blogs at present!! We are living on Vancouver Island now, really love it.😊

Hugs to you.

Joseph said...

PS,My first and this comment might show up under my DH profile. Google is acting up again.

veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry, Geraldine, I didn't see this hiding in my "waiting for moderation" folder until today. So nice to hear from you! Thank you so much for stopping by! Hotcakes do have some lovely color combos! I just looked up Vancouver Island and it looks amazing! I am happy you have found such a wonderful place to live. <3