Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Fest











First and foremost I wanted to thank everyone who reached out to me after my last post. I am so blessed to have you all supporting me!

Second, here is the Glady a beautiful interchangeable needle case from the amazing mind of Sallee. I love mine. Alas...I do not have a single needle or extension to put in it because I have so many projects. I must remedy that. *sigh*

We spent the weekend at fair. Saturday was a nice day followed by a terribly rainy Sunday. No one was buying and for the first time ever we did not make back our site fee. Very depressing. But these things happen.

We did both get projects done. I finished some baby sock for the LYS and got halfway through a car seat baby blanket and DH made some new pieces of jewelry. So that was nice. It is always nice to be alone for the weekend too. It's kinda like a date with hundreds of people popping in. :)

The community was there for us. One store loaned us displays for the jewelry and we think we will buy some for fall. Another store had a food delivery service which brought us coffee and food goodies so we didn't have to trek out in the rain. My LYS let me warm up and gave us yummy chicken yesterday to snack on.

And my family was there for us too. Nana and Pop Pop watched our child and let us use the truck to haul stuff back. They are such a blessing. :)

So maybe we only made $5 but we are surrounded by people who uplift us and support us. So really it was rainy and a bit cold but it was a wonderful weekend. We have a lot of ideas for fall. I'll let you know as they take form.

And usually at Fair, I load up on things I shouldn't...so I saved my bank points for the weekend and I had enough to share a funnel cake but they packed up and left because of the rain! So I noshed on this and that but I had healthy snacks too. I had to have coffee...which can be high in points with the syrups and stuff I like. And then we walked there and back the first day and there the second day which is a nice little walk. So I was pleased as punch this morning when I found I had lost another 2 pounds!

So that's what's going on. Things with Mom really aren't any better. My sis is home safely from her trip...I can't wait to talk to her. The rooms in the basement apartment look really nice. One more coat of paint and I think they're done.

I'm trying desperately to cultivate serenity in little moments here and there. And for the most part, it is working. Life is good, I am blessed...Namaste.

Bright blessing and happy crafting

Ruinwen
:)

7 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I'm so happy you love your Glady!
And I'm not surprised (but I was still hopefull) about the low buying at Fair. I'm worried about this weekend at Sedalia. I think folks are being extra cautious.
Hang in, hon!
(((hugs)))

Chelle said...

Sorry that the fair was a disappointment...I'm sure the next one will be better.

I LOVE that needle case...fabulous!!

Carol & Christine said...

I just recieved the most beautiful package in the mail!

I love you. Thank you so much. I had endless smiles today and it's been so long.

We're going camping tomorrow, we are working on things. He is doing really good at making this work. It's just gonna take time. I know you dont know whats going on... when I get back I will fill you in.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your friendship!

I feel so lucky to have a friend and sister like you!

Bianca said...

I am glad to hear you had a good time though. Unfortunate the rain..:-)

Birdsong said...

You have such a bright spirit! I think the economic problems across the country are going to be hard on independent crafters like us, but hope to forge ahead anyway. I like your sweet Glady!

Geraldine said...

Sending more good vibes and karma your way Ruinwen. I am so glad to read this upbeat post. Always know and remember that people care so much about you and are wishing you and your family well. Your blog buds are certainly part of that positive energy. sending a big huggggg, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

PS: Sallee's needle case is super!

Jackie said...

I love crafts fair (never attend cos there isnt any here)

Lovely Glady !