Monday, May 05, 2008

MD S & W

This was the Ravelry crowd on Saturday in the rabbit building. I'm actually in this picture. They did a super job organizing the event! Yay Ravelry! :)

In between cleaning and helping out Mom I visited the Fair. I'm really blessed that I'm about 1/2 hour away. DH and I went on Sat and it was a great day. I had the best lamb kabobs! And the yarn...such beautiful, wonderful, yummy yarn!

And then I went back on Sunday with our wonderful LYS owner and we had a lot of fun and scored big! :)



Maple Creek Farm was my favorite and I went back the next day and got more yarn! The two thicker hanks are merino and the thin is merino and bamboo. I am in love with this yarn! The owner Eileen Garges is a wonderful and talented lady. She was all smiles when she saw me coming back and bringing a friend! :)


I might have made it out of the Fair without spending any more dough if it wasn't for the most wonderful Knitting Fairy. She made a shawl on the way to the Fair from Texas so it doesn't even have a picture on the pattern. But I fell head over teacups for it. She works at Brooks Farm Yarn which has lovely yarn. I sat their resisting for a long time even though the colors are so lovely.

But between the shawl and the Solo silk, I fell down the rabbit hole and there was no getting around it. I must say this Solo is really just divine. It feels like heaven and has such a lovely sheen that my little photo cannot do it justice.

But I'm in love. I want a blanket of this for my bed...or a throw to wrap myself in. It's such a nice yarn that I didn't mind casting on for the shawl three times because it just felt that good. If chocolate was a yarn...this would be it. :)

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

7 comments:

Stickchicky said...

I'm very envious of your trip to MDS&W . If I lived closer, I would have definitely been there. That Brooks Farm yarn is to die for.

Kimberly said...

So jealous! One day I will make it to MDS&W... one day... :)

Nana Sadie said...

You were so kind to invite me and I so wish I could have taken you up on the offer...what a great event! And your yarns are all so lovely!
(((hugs)))

Carol & Christine said...

Looks like you had fun! Maybe in a year or two, we can shop arm in arm... or at least together... we might need our arms free!

Geraldine said...

Ruinwen, DO take this photo over to your Paint shop or other program and put a circle around yourself in the pic, ok!!! Hope you had a great time, you lucky gal.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Jackie said...

Oh where or where are you ??

What a wonderful trip. Wish i m there.


Love the yarn (the 1st pic), drooling !!!

Bianca said...

Wow! Thank you for the photosof the MD S & W. I hope to go there one day myself...LOL!