Thursday, April 17, 2008

Learning My Limits

“Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly, it is worth the risk.”
-- Leo Buscaglia

As the seasons finally decide to shift from winter to spring we are blessed with a myriad of color and texture. This was my parent's driveway after a thunderstorm. It got me thinking of Puff the Magic Dragon and that phrase, "along the cherry lane". I grew up with this magical, flowery gift every spring. Few people get to experience pink snow. It was very cathartic to my state as of late.

I'm in this happy/chaotic mood that I'm desperately trying to work through and I think truthfully I just took on a bit too much. *stop sniggering* Last week we added my BIL's two adorable wonderful kids to our household and now we are a family of six with two cats. Which, is super. I am truthful here when I say I am so happy that we can provide a safe, happy place for them to live. Family is everything to me.

The downside is that I used the closet they will need as storage and I have no idea where in Sam's Hill I am going to put it all. So I've been looking at projects stashed that will never come to be and letting them go. I just can't do it all.

Before we had my beloved son I used to do a little of everything and there just isn't time for that anymore. Over the last six years I've figured out what is important to me and those are the things that I find time for so those are the things I will hold on to.

Also, I'm trying so hard in being a half-way house for my Mother's things not to get lost in her stuff. Because every other week we clean at my parents then move everything up here and then distribute it as is needed. I want to make sure anything that is important to Mom gets to stay with Mom...who kicked on Wii and beat everyone in golf and bowling BTW.

And truth be told I am tired. This back and forth every other week is exhausting...the dust alone kills us even with masks for about three days. So after hard contemplation, we've decided to quit the MS&W lamb cook-off. It is just too much. I admit it. I said I'd stop taking on more stuff when it got to be too much so this is me being good to my word. (If you want the recipe I'll be happy to send it to you.)


I finished the sock from 06...sorry about the color...and I really enjoyed it. I will make the other one but I'm going to take a break until after Fair in May and try to get stuff done for our booth. Knit Picks got some new sock yarn and after the nice woman at the local Italian deli asked me to help her with some itty bitty socks...I just couldn't resist. This Felici is scrumptious...I'm in love with it! Another gift from the parents was the Harmony double points and I love them too. There's not much about socks I don't love.

Oh, KnitterC is having a contest for her 500th post. Quite a milestone! If you stop by please mention I sent you. She is an amazing spinner...crafter...healer.

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. :) We did Wii and have really good BBQ and it was so fun my parents stayed until 7:00 p.m.! My wonderful in-laws came and it was quite a special day with a full house of loving family...a day I will always remember.

Take care...happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

7 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I'm proud of you, tho' I know you'd have enjoyed the work of MDS&W. Still, it's a smart move with everything else you're up to!
And so glad you're pleased with the addition of family...

You're one amazing gal - and Whoohoo on Sock #1!!!
(((hugs)))

Birdsong said...

What a heart of compassion! I love the socks, and have to add that I have mostly been knitting from stash this year, as well as doing some sewing to 'clear out' and it feels really good. I have a much easier time deciding I don't need to have/be/do everything than DH does, so I still live in a fairly cluttered house:) Good luck with the closet; those are the worst for hiding things.

Geraldine said...

Wow, you have been one busy woman Ruinwen. Do take time for yourself to smell the roses and to just chill, you've earned it and it's SO IMPORTANT!

I'm very busy right now myself, good stuff though (for a change) and that makes all the difference, doesn't it, in terms of coping well.

Huggs and have a great weekend, G

Bianca said...

The sock is looking beautiful! I can't put myself to sock knitting yet it seems, yesterday I started a cardigan for my little Wietse. He can use it, as now his coat is too hot in the buggy, but it is not warm enough yet to go with bare arms. Can't have him get a cold ;-)

Stickchicky said...

Thankyou so much for your donation. It really means alot to me.

Geraldine said...

Just stopping in to say Hello and to wish you a great weekend dear Ruinwen. Hope to read a new post here soon. One of my favorite stops in Blogland! Huggs, G


www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Willow Goldentree said...

Happy Beltaine!