Monday, November 12, 2007

Stupid is as Stupid Does

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Here is a picture of my shawl I made for fall and never got to wear. It lives at the shop where the owner was nice enough to block it and bring out the loveliness of the yarn. I really enjoyed this knit. It was made with Ironstone yarns and was an exercise in increasing and decreasing in a lace pattern.


So I get the stupid award today for booking a full day of work on a day we have off. Since I booked it then I needed to be here for dispatch...so I lost one of the eight days I get a year because I was neglectful of the schedule. :(

I wanted to thank everyone that sent good thoughts and prayers to my family. I wanted to also thank everyone who said they would come and knit, crochet or sew at Starbucks. I only wish we lived closer.

I'm working on a top-down sweater now and having a lot of fun with it. This is one of the three sweaters that I am making for Yule. I think I will be done with it at the end of the week since it has been such an easy, enjoyable knit. I will post it when I'm done.

Have a wonderful day!

Ruinwen
:)

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Sorry about the work schedule snafu :-(

The lace shawl is beautiful! Hey, what is the intriguing-looking striped thing in the background of the second picture?

Indigo said...

Ick, having to work on a day off.

I am at work myself, but have the day after Thanksgiving off instead. I will be sleeping while my van gets her annual check-up. hehe

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is lovely by the way..and thanks for the well wishes.

Marlene said...

The shawl looks great. Maybe you'll have a chance to wear it NEXT fall.

Nana Sadie said...

lovely shawl!
I'm so sorry about the schedule screw-up.
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

It is SO BEAUTIFUL! Why don't you wear it yourself?