Monday, January 22, 2007

Dishcloth Swap

I wanted to thank Von, Denise, Teyla, Indigo and Sue for the beautiful dishcloths! Teyla and Indigo yours are on the way. Each one of these is so different and special in its own right. Thank you for letting me be a part of this swap!

In my last post, Kathy wrote that she wanted to know where I got the pattern for the reversible cable scarf...After grueling over technique and such I'm proud to say, I made it myself, and if you or anyone else would like a copy I'd be more then happy to share it with you if you send me an e-mail request. One of these days I'll have PDF links but not yet...sorry.

Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Janet said...

You got some really neat dishcloths there. Wish I had had the time to join this one but it was during my surgery/recovery time, so was afraid to participate.

Thanks for the comments on my blog.
About the shadow knitting, this is my response to your comment that I posted on my blog, but decided to write here as well, in case you don't go back and look.

It looks more difficult than it really is. With this pattern and my grandson's sweater, two colors are used at any one time. I am sure it is the same way with all the patterns. The shawl actually has like 6 different colors, but only two at a time. You knit two rows with one color, then pick up the other color. So the other color only hangs out for one row, and then wrapped under the 1st color and worked it's two rows. Then the design is worked in different placements of the K and P stitches. Very interesting and easy.

Nana Sadie said...

Lovely cloths, and I know you're up to your eyeballs in knitting and crocheting, so I'll just tell you that I'm looking forward to the photos when you can get them up here!
(((hugs)))

Shrink to Fit said...

Nice dishcloths! And I love that cable shawl/scarf. Thanks for your supportive comment on my blog. You are sweet to take the time!

Bianca said...

The dishcloths are indeed beautiful! Your scarf is beautiful! And you are a busy bee for sure!

(((hugs)))

Bianca