Monday, September 18, 2006

The Laurene Shawl Revisited



Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I have restarted the shawl in the merino and I am enjoying knitting it beyond words. I think the stitches are more defined and the twisted stitches are sharper too. I'm very happy with the way this is turning out and I was able to do about eight inches this weekend which makes me happy...I'm still behind...but I just can't worry about it.

I was having this dream last night that I hadn't done my homework which is a common theme in my dreams. For me, it signifies that I forgot something that is due really soon. Well, I looked on the calendar and it seems I am teaching the slip-stitch cat class tomorrow. *eek* But if you've been with me for a while you know I'm a flyin'-by-the-seat -of-my-pants kinda girl. So, I worked on it at 5 am and voila I'm almost done. Yeah me! :)

Also, I've been looking into payloadz.com which would allow me to put my patterns on my blog for download...but that will have to wait until I get them all into PDF format and after Fair which is in 2 weeks. I say *eek* again!

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Ah, success under pressure! Grace under fire! You can do it, just focus on the one thing in front of you! LOVE the shawl!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Fair is in TWO weeks? EEK is right! I need to start marking my calendar with all the stuff and events that are coming up soon...

I think that the pink merino will be great to show off the Laurene shawl for your LYS and the class; maybe the final shawl for Mom should be in a weight somewhere between the original yarn and the merino? 'Cause you're right, that the pattern stands out better in the merino, but I think that it's just slightly heavier than the shawl should be.

Or maybe that's just me. Good luck with getting everything done on time! Nobody flies as well or as far by the seat of their pants as my siiiister! :D