Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Need Your Help...Please?

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
-Scott Adams

I have been crafting this shawl for my Mother for a while now in a yarn that just isn't working for me. If you remember a while back when I was on vacation the maid careless threw said shawl thus dropping 26 rows. Well, crunch time is upon me. I'm teaching this shawl class at the end of the month...count 'em; 16 days...and I need this shawl done by next weekend to show in the LYS.

Now I know I've taken on more then I can chew and all that. That isn't in question. I know how much of an idiot I am when it comes to trying to do more then I possibly could ever hope to...the question is...

Is it wrong to start over in a yarn I love...the yarn I swatched when I designed the shawl? I bought this lovely shade of pink merino and I so wanted to see the shawl made into it. I love merino. I love working with merino. It would be a thicker yarn and thus in theory make up much faster then this thin lace weight stuff. So dear readers is it okay to admit a yarn just isn't right for my pattern and start over with the one I wanted?

Thanks for your imput.

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)
Post a Comment