Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Hats We Wear

We all wear different hats during the day, during the week, and during the year.  There are many things that we can do that seem normal because they are a part of us but to others, they are talents and skills.  We take most of these things for granted or ignore them because they have been with us for so long that we can't see how blessed we are anymore with these gifts of self.

Everyone has talents and gifts and things that make them special.  Even if someone else has this talent as well, each person adds their own personality and history to their talent and it becomes something new.

These talents or "gifts" are things that you are happiest doing.  They don't have to fit a category or be a certain way because they are personal for you.

For me, one of the things I excel at is researching information.  I love gathering information from a bunch of sources to come to some concussion.  Where some find this a tedious task, it calms me and I truly enjoy it.

Another thing I enjoy is organizing.  I have helped a lot of people organize their houses.  I have spent countless hours in jobs filing information and alphabetizing files.  For me, these tasks that are nerve-racking for co-workers were calming to me.  So much so, that I would go in on the weekend and work on the filing system when I had a huge file room that I helped run.

In Minecraft, I have found it so enjoyable to design a block palate and then add all the little touches that make the room or area come alive.

Which, of course, leads me to design.  I love to create new things in-game, in knitting, on paper, and in the kitchen.  There is something magical about taking an idea in your head and giving it form, then fleshing it out and finally, bringing it to life.

These are just a few of the things that I enjoy doing and I am good at doing.

When looking for your talents, look no further than the things you love.  Start there.  Make a list of five things that you absolutely love doing.

Keep doing these things.  Learn more.  Grow more.  Create more.  Find joy and happiness in the things you love and cultivate these wonderful, beautiful gifts that make us all unique and amazing.

Bright Blessings!

*******************
My Father always used to say, "Why did this happen to you?" when something in my life went crazy.  I think that "crazy" is normal for me.  It might even be one of my special gifts that I was talking about up there.

Last year my good friend sent me a text about needing some Christmas hats for geese.  I was having a down kind of day and this made me laugh and then I needed clarifying.  But in the end, I made some hats for my friend's outdoor geese.



I had a lot of fun with this project.  It still makes me laugh.  It was a small design, but I measured each goose and then did the math to make the hats fit right.  I kept notes because you never know when someone will need some goose hats right?  😁

Right?

But that was then and this is now.

I have been in a slump with my knitting as I explained in my last post.

Enter the fabulous Nana.





She needed hats for her snowmen that she creates, which made me think about the geese.  Everything circles back to the geese.  lol

Using the smallest goose hat as a guide,  I counted out stitches and made a prototype.

We decided that full-on ribbing would be better with a brim you could fold over.  The ribbing hugs the bowling pin more than the stockinette would.  


So here are my hats for bowling pins that I created a formula for while knitting hats for geese.  How many people have ever said that sentence?  How is that for crazy Dad?  I hope up there in heaven, I have made you smile.  💖

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗


****************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏



2 comments:

Rue said...

Those geese are ADORABLE in their little hats. :D <3

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Thanks for your comment. They really are cute. Bonnets next...bonny wee bonnets for the sweet little goslings. 🤗