Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Blessed Be!

Dad and my son many moons ago on All Hallow's Eve 

For those that celebrate this weekend will be a trifecta of being thankful, remembering those who have passed before us, and celebrating nature and life and all of our blessings.

I am thankful for all the blessings, family, and people in my life.

*I am thankful for you dear reader for taking a moment with me to chat about things.  I wish you true happiness wherever you are in whatever you do.*  🤗

This year has been difficult, to say the least, and sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There have been many obstacles that are far from the norm to work through and overcome...some of them we are still trying to make sense of and find solutions that create change.

The world is all about change right now.

In my part of the world, nature is getting ready to pack it up and sleep through the winter.  The trees are turning shades of yellow, orange, red, and brown.  The squirrels are gathering nuts and seeds to hoard through the winter months when no food can be found.

If I take lessons from the creatures around me what can I store away to use during the winter?
How can I use change as a motivator for growth?

While the things that are going on around me cannot be controlled.  I can control my actions and behavior.  I can choose how I will react to these stimuli.

I can reevaluate my goals and shape them to provide continued expansion of my development.

There will be roadblocks along the way but I need to be more adaptable and open to alternate considerations and perceptions.  Maybe some of the truths that I have held on to for so long need to be reviewed and considered more closely to see if they still are my truths.

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”

-Maya Angelou


Our story, our life is a long-expansive tale full of twists and turns, celebrations, and dark nights of the soul.  It is a story that we have been writing since our first breath and we will continue writing until our last.


What chapters have you always wanted to write?  What things do you long to add to your story?


A chapter that I have always wanted to write was to be that perfect friend and family member who always had just what the other person needed...like a combination of the Good Witch and Belldandy.


I would love to always see the best in everyone and know how to help them move towards their highest good.


I have tried to emulate these qualities but doubt and fear have made it hard to continually be as preceptive and useful as I would like to be.  I believe no one can be everything all the time, so while I strive for these ideas, I will not beat myself over not achieving them 100 percent of the time.


I will not beat myself up...period...end of story.  I have ripped out that chapter and let the space that it left be open for new wholesome ideas and creations.


Speaking of new creations...


**************************************


While I still have been working on the "secret" project I have dabbled a bit with some ideas, as well as made progress on the friend knitting.


I must admit that sometimes an idea comes out of nowhere and I have no other recourse than to let it out or it eats at me until I do.  Usually, I can just write stuff down and get back to it, but this one was very compelling.


This year we are doing a ritual of writing down the things that we want to create in our lives for the new year and I got doodling with a leaf edging stitch pattern that I have been saving.  I totally ripped it apart and reformated it to fit my needs.



Here is the chart after all the deletes and edits.





I was thinking about making something Fallish and fun and then I remembered these lights that I knit from Knit Picks' Handmade Holiday Collection: 30 Handmade Ornaments and how cute they were.  This pattern used a splitting of the i-cord to make the light branches and *voila* I had an idea.


Here is my Fun Fall chocker or lariat idea depending on what length you decide to use.




It isn't finished yet, but I am really liking the way the leaves look.  I am super happy with my chart.


I love ideas giving way to more ideas in order to create something new and wonderful.


I will keep working on this pattern and get it all written up so I can put it up on Ravelry.


Until next time, Happy Crafting!

****************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗


****************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

***************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏







3 comments:

Secret Hippie said...

Great to read your writing again!

Secret Hippie said...

The knitted holiday lights and fall leaves are very cute.

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading! Nice to see you here! I always enjoy writing, it is nice to have a place to do it. :) I am happy you like the lights and leaves, they are really fun to make. Hugs!