Sunday, June 15, 2014

Level of Difficulty

Everybody's life has some mythical quality. You struggle against obstacles, you fight to get to a higher level and there are great loves.
Dolph Lundgren




So here is another beautiful tier of the blanket.  I love these rich combinations of the dark fairy tale highlighted by the lighter colors. 

This week in my game I walked over a bridge and found myself in a 37 to 43 leveled area.  Suffice it to say, at level 21 I did not stand much of a chance; though I really tried.

I've felt this way for the last few years; that everything was just a little more then I could handle, but I still worked my way through it.

Now I don’t really feel that way anymore. 

I've been having trouble with eye strain and it has kept me from knitting for a lot of the year.  I don’t know if it is better or if I just decided to knit again no matter what.  Most of what I have been doing is memorizing the way the stitches feel with my fingers and then doing something else while I knit.  I’ve gotten a lot of reading done this way.  I can read or watch something but I really can't speak, while counting in my head and working a repeat at the same time unless it is straight knitting.  But give me time.  :)

My tactile sense can usually feel a mistake in the fabric.  I know this sounds a little strange, but I feel closer to my craft when I knit without looking. 



This week I completed a cute little pattern that I’ve made before for a friend.  I’ve had it for a while but the lace was really vexing me and I had to blow the chart up to use it.  I really am happy to be able to give it back to her. 



Also this week I’ve been working on a Nana’s Cowl for my Niece.  Apparently, she borrows Nana’s and wanted one of her own.  I had her pick out colorways and she wanted two variegated colorways.  I’ve never made anything with two variegated colorways.

I’m using Knitpicks Chroma.  I really love this stuff.  It is light and fluffy and soft to the touch.  It shows off the pattern really nicely and the definition is lovely.  The two colorways my Niece picked complement each other beautifully.  I’m loving making this.  The repeat is so easy to memorize that this just flies off my fingers.

They tried to trick me though; the two balls were wound opposite ways so my colorway would have started going backward.  Luckily I noticed before I started to knit!  

Wow!  3 projects in one post! 

To all the wonderful Fathers out there; I hope your Day is as special as you are!  Happy Father's Day!  

Happy crafting,
Ruinwen
:)




No comments: