Some points we will cover:
In this class the student will explore lace construction. We will:
- break down a pattern and examine the results from different elements of design: decreases, increases, bias and negative and positive space
- learn about the different tools that are used in lace creation and why they are important
- learn why natural fibers are the best yarns to use for lace and how to block them so their projects will bloom
- look at samples of lace and swatches to create a better understanding of lace and how it works
- learn casting on and binding off techniques
- learn how to fix mistakes and read knitting
- look at different ways that lace shawls can be knit
- create a lace shawlette using all the above knowledge
- empower the knitter to feel comfortable exploring the world of lace
Join me in the Summer of 2014 on the Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas for 7 nights in the Western Caribbean in exotic ports of call. Book early for great rates; instruction, yarn, needles and pattern are included.
If you are interested; please contact Donna. She is the masterful travel agent behind this voyage and a very good friend of mine. She will take good care of you. See you there!
Sunday's post will run as usual. Thank you for your indulgence.