Thursday, June 21, 2007

On the Day I Was Born…

I've been tagged again by Kimberly and this is one I hadn't done yet!

The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

Events

1865 - American Civil War: A day after his surrender to Union forces, Confederate General Robert E. Lee addresses his troops for the last time.

1865 - The last photograph of Abraham Lincoln alive was taken.

1912 - The RMS Titanic leaves port in Southampton, England for her first and only voyage

Seems like a bad day for a bunch of folks.

Births
1932 - Omar Sharif, Egyptian actor
1941 - Paul Theroux, American author

Love both of them

Holiday

Feast for Three Days - Third Day (Thelema)

I looked this up. It is a feast for three days celebrating the transcribing of The Book of the Law.

If you want to know more go here.

So there you go. I’m not tagging anyone. If you want to do it, then be my guest.

Have a great weekend!

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Interesting facts! Have a super weekend!

Nana Sadie said...

cool!