Monday, December 04, 2006

Finding Serenity in Chaos


This was the first weekend in so long that I went to bed on Sunday feeling a sense of harmony. That’s not to say the weekend didn’t have its ups and downs but I was able to meet them with grace and not kicking and screaming. And let me tell you it is a good feeling. :)

I’ve been so crazy as of late that I had forgotten how to let go. But (deep breath) I am remembering how to find serenity again amidst the chaos of life thanks to this weekend. Funny how something so normal and insignificant can make you feel whole again. So can rows upon rows of merino. Ah, merino…


This is the pinwheel blanket that I’ve wanted to finish but other things got in the way. Notice the picot edging. I have fallen in love with this edging. And I think it is a good part of why I feel so serene; silly as that may be.


Here is Mom’s new lap blanket with (you guessed it) more picot edging. This time I was going for a rolling edge and I really like it. I used SWT soy and EL silky wool. I have to make something else that I can put this edging on…

“Don’t look at me,” says the penguin.
“Not me either,” says the sheep.

Oh well…you both have to sleep sometime… (heh)








Okay, so I guess I need to update since this is a new month and all.

NOVEMBER GOALS

* Finish shrug – never got to
* Make another dishcloth - done
* Make a penguin – almost done
* Work on pinwheel blanket - done
* Work on sheep – never got to
* Make another lap blanket – done

I’m really not going to complain considering how crazy November was.

DECEMBER GOALS
• Finish shrug
• Finish penguin
• Finish sheep
• Work on crochet class I, II, III
• Write up shrug pattern
• Work up reversible cable class

I guess after seeing my goals you might have a question or two. I decided to teach crochet at the LYS and I’m making a blanket of stitches that you can make in three parts or two or whatever your desired skill level is. I have always crocheted in between my knitting so I think this provides a nice break for me.

Also because of some slander at another knitting shop about my ability as a teacher which I will not rant about since I am feeling so darn serene today…I have decided to go for my TKGA Master Knitter title. I know it will not be easy but knowing is half the battle (yo Joe) and I would rather be knowledgeable then fight someone who feels they have to demean others.


***Thank you for everyone's prayers and good thoughts. They mean so much to me!***

***I wanted to send Von, Sue, and Denise a special shout out. Thank you for the lovely dishcloths! I love them!***

***Also for all you gamers out there…may this serve as a warning…the Wii is so much fun that you will find it hard to put it down…if only I could knit with it!***

So whatever you celebrate (Chrismahannukwanzawalisolstice) I hope the seasons bring you serenity within the chaos that warms your heart and enriches your soul.

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

8 comments:

Carol & Christine said...

Beautiful job on the pinwheel! Looks like I need to get going on mine!

Sorry I havent emailed you back. I wanted to as soon as I finished reading it but was out of time.. and let me tell you... I still havent chased "time" down yet. I was just popping in on the blog to see if you have updated.

I will respond to your email in a day or so when time is evident.

Prayers and hugs!!

Bianca said...

I am glad to see you update again Ruinwen. :-) The pinwheel looks awesome indeed.

(((hugs))) Bianca

Chelle said...

Fabulous pinwheel! I made one for a craft sale last year, but wasn't really happy with the crocheted edging that I kludged together. The picot edge is gorgeous!

Sue said...

I'm glad you liked the dishcloth. And I'm glad to hear that you can find some serenity amongst the chaos. Beautiful blanket!!

Nana Sadie said...

Beautiful! Just lovely and that picot edging - wow!
Rise above the pettiness as you ALWAYS do, my dear! And TKGA! WOW...hmm...should I join you? With all my "spare time?" lolol!
(((hugs)))

Indigo said...

Love the pinwheel. Very cute. May attempt one sometime, if my WIM list every shrinks instead of growing exponentially.

My dishcloth went out yesterday so depending on the speed of the USPS you should have it soon.

Serenity in chaos, is what make serenity so cool.

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

December's looking to be as crazy as November, really...holiday shopping ARGH.

Heh, Wii. :)

I'm glad you went ahead and did the crochet class; only sorry you had to wait so long for me to decide I wasn't going to do it...

Sue said...

I got your dishcloth in the mail today. It's beautiful!! I love the pattern and the color. And I will never be able to use it to wash dishes. I'll have to think of a nice decorative use for it. Thanks so much!