Saturday, February 11, 2006

Branching Out Scarf

ETA:  photo lost - this yarn was very purple with dark accents

I've been wanting to try Knitty's Branching Out Scarf for a while now but I've been working on so many other things. I wanted to do it for the Olympics but I just wasn't sure I could get it done in time. But I cast on anyway and here is what I got done while watching it snow today.

It is a 10-row repeat pattern and this isn't the best picture but I am enjoying this project immensely.

The yarn I'm using is Cascade Peruvian wool and it has a lovely blue sheen that really makes it shine. This was really a test to see if I could make this scarf and it really was no problem. After I finish it I will make another one in my long-forgotten handspun angora that my sister gave me last year for my birthday. I think it will really show off the lacy pattern.

I'm pretty excited! I also have two more balls to wind of merino and I will finally begin my heart shawl! I looked over the pattern today and there is nothing in there I haven't done before...only 52 rows repeated 12 times. LOL Okay so it will be October before I can wear it...but I will get it done this year...Goddess willing. :)

Be safe where ever you are in blog land and happy crafting.

Ruinwen
:)

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

LOVELY Lovely Branching Out - and what's this about a heart shawl? That description sure sounds like Queen of Hearts!
Can't wait to see...
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Wow..I love that color, can't wait to see it finished!