Sunday, February 12, 2006

1Year Today!

It is my blog anniversary! Yes, I can hardly believe it has been one whole year since I started blogging.

I have learned so much. I have made really wonderful friends that I treasure deeply. :)

i have knitted things in the past year that I previously thought impossible thanks to my friends who inspire and show me the way when I've dropped a row (or two). Now I don't fear new stitches or patterns; I invite them in. I love to try new things and feel new yarns in my fingers making different stitches.

Another thing I have always wanted to do I finally worked into my schedule; going to my LYS once a week to sit with other knitters and just enjoy the community that comes with crafting.

Speaking of community; I made sure to include charity giving in my crafting. For to me giving back is as important as breathing. I even ran a charity for orphans in the Fall.

Speaking of running things; our home store Vixenpath made its official debut at Spring Fling and it was so much fun we went back for Fall Fest. My DH learned to make chain-mail and he has some of the most beautiful jewelry I have ever seen IMHO.

What a wonderful year! And thanks you to you just for looking!

Bright blessings,

Happy Crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!

What a great year! How sweet of you to remember to give back to others!

Your Branching Out looks great. I've tried to start it twice (once with a Llama-yarn that was too chunky to show the pattern and once with Kid Silk Haze, which was too much like knitting with a single strand of cotton candy for my liking!) You're inspiring me to try again!

Nana Sadie said...

Gee....you could announce to a blog group, couldn't you? I'm JUST now getting around to surfing my blogs this week!
WHOOOOHOOOO! Happy Blogiversary!
((((hugs))))
Such a good pal you've become, and how far we've come together!

Plain Jane said...

Happy Blog-versary! I passed mine last month without even noticing {g}.. Isn't it great how blogging lets us make so many friends all over the country?

Michelle said...

Happy belated Blogversary!!! Here's to more years to come!!!

Micky said...

Happy Blogiversary! Hope you stick around for another.
:)