Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Baby Blanket From He-double Toothpicks

ETA: Another photo lost.

 Never has a project vexed me more than this blanket. Normally a blanket takes me a week to make; this took 2 months I'm ashamed to say.

What did I learn? If you make a mistake and you know that you need to fix it - don't hesitate! If you are talking on the phone while knitting; don't let the yarn drop off your needles. And finally, don't let the yarn win.

As you can see the blanket didn't even want to pose for its debut. The colors are dull compared to what they truly are and it would not come into focus no matter what I did.

But it is done and in the mail tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah, YOU WIN! Glad you've finally got this one done, I know it must feel like a breath of fresh air to be able to let go of it.

I love that the colors aren't the standard pink-for-girls, blue-for-boys stuff. This is a blanket a kid can keep around without shame.

:)