Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's Ready For a Night Out on the Town



Mom's crochet lapghan is finished and I think it looks great. The black yarn is Cascade 100% Peruvian Highland Wool and the component yarn has a black base with auburn filaments flecked with black ribbon.

Usually wool burns my fingers and apparently Shetland, Icelandic and Aran make me sneeze and have an allergy attack, but that is because they are not stripped of the lanolin I've found out.

At least for me, the processed yarns are a joy to work with. I loved this Peruvian Highland Wool it was so soft and slid so beautifully off the needle. The component yarn while beautiful became a terrible mess of tangles if I let it even touch itself...and forget frogging, tinking or any other activity! It is beautiful though and well worth all the bother! Mom is always worth it! :)

I'll let you know if she likes it or not.

Have a great day!

Ruinwen
:)

8/29/05 - Mom loves it! I am so happy! :)

4 comments:

Kary said...

So very pretty! Great job!

Anonymous said...

The pictures really don't do the yarn justice; the flecks of color in the fuzzy yarn, though dark, almost sparkle against the black of the other yarn. It's absolutely gorgeous.

She'll love it, I'm sure. :)

Michelle said...

WOW Ruinwen absolutly beautiful. I so wish I can do that...Wow bowing to the master.....

Birdsong said...

Wow, what a beautiful, sexy mom gift... I bet you have hit the allergy issue, pinning it down to lanolin. It is a fairly common allergy, although I discovered it by getting very ill right after my first baby was born. My midwives had recommended using lanolin on my nipples to ease the pain of adjusting to nursing, and I absorbed enough to provoke an asthma attack. Try alpaca, they don't produce lanolin, and more people in US are raising them, making the yarn more affordable.

I am tagging you with a quickie meme, the 23rd Post, so go get the directions from my blog.