Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Camo Tank Top Finished

"I’d gone through life believing in the strength and competence of others; never in my own. Now, dazzled, I discovered that my capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of an old coat."

-- Joan Mills

I finished the camo top but when I took a picture of it...it came out looking just like the previous picture. Then when I tried on the top it was way too big...even after washing...and it is not the top's fault...it seems that somewhere between starting and finishing I have lost a size or two up top and well...while I have finally lost what having a child sometimes bestows...I find myself fitting loosely into tops and such.

But, I am not disheartened. I love the top and it is really easy to make and after I make my son's sweater I have some ideas on how to improve on it and of course, I will make the smaller size... :)

So here is another quote that I felt fitted my experience. For it is the experience and the journey that is the true joy...the garment at the end is the journey's gift.

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."

-- Norman Vincent Peale

I believe in myself and my love of knitting and so I begin on my son's sweater.  He picked out a light and dark green color and after consorting with the wonderful Knitting Chicks I hope to have a better idea about some things.

They really are angels in disguise those lovely women. :)

Today the forecast says it is 58 right now and it will drop to 42 with rain/snow/sleet...sigh...I feel some knitting time is in order. This bright green will inspire thoughts of spring.

Ruinwen
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say that your camo top is lovely, and it fits me just fine! :) And I can wear it to work with a cardigan in winter, and in spring/fall without anything. I think it's neat how the pattern turned out diamond in the camo colors...I wonder if it'll do that when you make the smaller one for you?

Now if I can just figure out my hat...*sigh* :O

--your Sister! rueyeet