Monday, March 14, 2005

The Blessing of the Red Clapotis




I really love the Encore yarn that I am using for the clapotis. It reminds me of the warm days ahead with its blazing reds.

I've gotten into the groove of this now and at least for the section I am on, I have no trouble following the pattern.

I substituted my rubber band markers for these little white plastic ones and now the piece moves freely back and forth across the needles.

Since this is my project for heart awareness I am working on it mostly before bed and meditating on all the wonderful "hearts" that fill my life on a daily basis.

I am truly blessed with wonderful family and friends. I have a Mother and Father who have always been the pillars that I could lean on when I was too weary to go on. They have supported my interests over the years even if they haven't understood them. No one could ask for more loving parents.

I have a wonderful sister who also has been there for me in my darkest hours. I can always count on her love and support and kicking me in the butt when I need that too! :)

I have a partner who weaves his interests in with mine to form a beautiful life together. His hand has always been intertwined in mine when I am starting to falter. I can always count on his love support to get me through anything.

My son shows me daily new ways to appreciate life and how to really see the beauty in it. He is really amazing. And when he says, "Mommy I love you so much!" my heart just melts!

I have wonderful friends who uplift and support me and we have so much fun together!

I have e-friends who I've never met who are so sweet and wonderful!

So as I said before, I am truly blessed and as I knit and purl I am weaving all this goodness into my work.

I am going to raffle the clapotis off at Spring Fling with flyers on the heart info so that I will actually educate people in the process.

So there you go, the yarn is shaping me. What started out as a love-hate project has become an appreciation of my life and the people in it project.

Ruinwen
:)

6 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, you are really doing a project from the heart. This is such a nice thought. Since mine will be for charity, I think I'll 'borrow' your idea and really think about how my project will help the recipient.

Anonymous said...

That was a truly awesome entry.

Kathy said...

What a wonderful post. So eloquent!

Birdsong said...

Found your blog through Melanie.. what a lovely version of Clapotis. I really appreciated your musings on love and family.

Anonymous said...

My sister does most everything from the heart! something that has taught me a lot.

Only one question from this crocheting heretic: What on earth is a clapotis?

--rueyeet

Nana Sadie said...

Ruinwen...I'm touched..what a terrific plan you have for clapotis! (((hugs)))