Friday, November 05, 2021

Falling into Winter

 

with four colors you can make a beautiful motif 

Today is one of those days that you can feel Winter reaching through even though it is barely Fall.  We had some flurries today as well.  

Falling Leaves / Falling Snow is perfect for either weather.

This is a beginner's pattern for learning double knitting.  I need to add a video and some other stuff if you aren't a beginner and you want fancier edges and stuff.

I put this pattern on the back burner because it was a class, but I don't know when I will be able to teach in person again so it is silly to keep it shut away.

Like a squirrel, I have hidden away all these wonderful ideas and patterns for the perfect time and this season I want to unearth them and plant them and allow them to branch out as an expression of my creativity.

I follow a very wise designer/fiber coach who always says, "start by showing up."

This is me showing up.  I'm always hesitant about putting stuff out there because of those crazy fears I have but the more I do it the more I realize that I'm tired of fear keeping me from doing things that I love.

Like this blog for instance...I have been posting since 2004 here.  This is a testimony to my journey as a knitter and as a person.  I have shared myself here with no filters and have been totally honest with my feelings.

I used to be so afraid to push that publish button, but now, I am not.  I used to be afraid no one would care what I said, but now, I am not.  

My worth does not come from likes, or views.  I love having them but they aren't "me".  

This blog is me; well a snapshot of my life. You have seen me at my worst when I lost my parents.  You have seen me so overwhelmed with joy that I couldn't contain it.

I love you if you are here whoever you are.  I bless you and your day with love and light in your little stop along the cyber highway on my site.

I love helping people be their best fiber self.  This is what I feel like I am here to do with my creative gift.  Teach...design...be patient...be kind...be a safe welcoming space where everyone feels welcome in love and light.

In this time of remembering those who have gone before, I find myself ever thankful for all the times my words have been read, my patterns have been knit and a student of mine has finished something they love.

Every single one of you is precious beyond measure to me.

Bright Blessings to all of you as we head into the season of Light.

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen πŸ€—

**************************
Safe socially-distanced hugs  πŸ€—
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  
May you be safe.  
May your loved ones be safe.  
πŸ™
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ™
**************************
Vixenpath is a safe space.
If you are:
LGBTQ+
Black
Brown
Asian
Any race
Coming out
Anything.
I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.
Ruinwen
πŸ˜€


No comments: