Friday, October 22, 2021

Feeling Blessed

 

still playing with color and texture

This is one, two and three-color linen stitch.  You can create such lovely combinations with three colors.  This pic shows the lovely bumpy reverse side of the linen stitch modeled by the spice color.

The nice thing is the pattern never changes only the order of the colors do.

Abbreviations

sl - slip the stitch purlwise

wyib - with yarn in back

wyif - with yarn in front


One Color

All stitches with A:

Row 1:  sl1 wyib, *K1, sl1 wyif* repeat * to last stitch, K1

Row 2:  sl1 wyif, P1, sl1 wyib* repeat * to last stitch, P1

Repeat these two rows until you have the length you desire


Two Color

Row 1:  sl1 wyib, *K1, sl1 wyif* repeat * to last stitch, K1

Row 2:  sl1 wyif, P1, sl1 wyib* repeat * to last stitch, P1

You will knit two rows with each color

Knit Row 1 and 2 in color A

Knit Row 1 and 2 in color B

Repeat these four rows until you have the length you desire


Three Color

Please see last week's post since it is a bit more involved with color changes and such.

*****************************************************************

I threw my back out last week brushing my teeth, which, IMHO should not be possible.  But the boys rallied and helped me do everything and I am so grateful to them for all the help.  😀

Then we lost power from 4 am until noon followed by loss of water from noon until 9 pm.  

I am so thankful to everyone that helped us get our electricity and water back.  They worked tirelessly throughout the day to get us up and running again.  

I am so blessed to have these essential utilities that I all too often take for granted.

This is the time of the year for me to start refocusing on how truly prosperous my life is so these "utility disasters" really got me reframing how I look at my personal world.

Someone asked what our focus word for 2022 will be and for me, the New Year begins on Nov 1st so I thought on this a bit.  Thriving.  I want to create a sustainable lifestyle that flows into all aspects of my life.

I already have many aspects of a thriving lifestyle like a great support system and close connections with friends and family, living my life authentically, and an attitude of gratitude.

But there are some areas of the thriving lifestyle that I need to work on:

  • I want to get better at taking care of myself.  Self-care is a big topic this year.  My stance is that you have to take care of yourself or you cannot be there to take care of anyone else.
  • I want to develop more positive ways to deal with stressful situations.  If I can let go of past fears and ideas around things then I can learn to work outside of the box and come up with new solutions to old problems.
  • I want to be an empowering force of good in my own life.  If I could believe in myself the way others do then I would be an unstoppable creative force.
  • I want to be better with change.  I am a planner and I have everything all worked out for each day and activity.  Sometimes nothing goes as planned and I get flustered.  A sustainable lifestyle is like a willow tree, you bend, but you don't break in a strong wind.  It is like the lotus flower that is deeply rooted in the muck but blooms vibrantly above the water.
  • I want to change my inner response to resonate with a positive voice.  Many times I defeat myself before I get started and it is during these times when I need to ask: why not?  If not now, when?  Who do I need permission from?  What am I waiting for?  
I know it is early, but do you have a one-word goal to guide you through the New Year?

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen 🤗

**************************
Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  
May you be safe.  
May your loved ones be safe.  
🙏
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏
**************************
Vixenpath is a safe space.
If you are:
LGBTQ+
Black
Brown
Asian
Any race
Coming out
Anything.
I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.
Ruinwen
😀


No comments: