Sunday, March 01, 2015

Orange You Glad?


So funny story...I've always thought my color was red.  I'm talking about my karmic color; the one that guides my entire being...but I took my day of birth and added it up and it came out to be orange.

Over the years I have been buying a lot of orange yarn.  The first sweater I ever made was orange.  I never really thought about how I've been drawn to color-ways that have orange in them more and more.  I've never really embraced the whole orange vibe but here is an excerpt from a page on my color and most of it really seems to fit.  This list has the good and the bad traits of an orange personality.  


  • You are warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant.  You are friendly, good-natured and a generally agreeable person.
  • You are assertive and determined rather than aggressive - you are more light-hearted and less intense than those who love red.
  • You thrive on human social contact and social gatherings, bringing all types together.
  • You enjoy partying and socializing and planning all types of social events - orange people are the life of the party, the uninhibited performer! You are often the loud talker in a group.
  • While you are charming and sociable you do tend to be a show-off.
  • You get great satisfaction from helping others and they find you inspiring with your vitality and positive energy.
  • You are tolerant and accepting of others just the way they are.
  • You are a people person, motivated by what others may or may not think and always trying to keep up with the Jones'. You need people around you - being alone for too long makes you depressed and you then allow negativity to engulf you.
  • You live your life based on your 'gut reactions'.
  • You are a free spirit 
  • You enjoy being physically active, particularly in the outdoors, whether it's simply going for a walk, or competing in high-level sporting competitions.
  • You are full of life, always on the go, determined and competitive, always looking for new challenges - and this can lead to restlessness and impatience with others who do not have this need.
  • You may be lousy at housekeeping as it is not that important to you - you love having fun too much and don't like the mundane - a little dust on the mantelpiece is not that important to you. However, you love to cook.
  • You move on easily from life's setbacks.
  • Patience is not one of your virtues and you can be quite forceful and domineering over others when under stress.
  • You can be indecisive, inconsistent and unpredictable.
  • When feeling fearful, orange lovers feel it in their abdomen, as though it is tied in knots.

The most significant thing about orange people is they are happiest when they can be helpful to others.  They need careers that allow them to uplift and provide some sort of support to people in need.  

When I can help others is when I feel most alive.  Creating patterns that make knitting easier or empower someone to try something new is how I embrace my soul's purpose through my career.

This Ostra I am asking the God and Goddess to help me focus on where I need to be going with my career.  I've been slowly going forward and working towards my designing goals. I've continued to teach and now I have a years worth of classes that I've created to learn various techniques.  I've been slowly getting patterns up to Ravelry and working on editing the ones I have to the new format.  I've been working on new designs, trying new things, working with new fibers and creating patterns that people have requested.

I keep feeling mired by the fact that I feel stuck but in fact I am not.  I have been moving forward; true it has been slowly but there is still forward motion.  I think that I am always too hard on myself and my focus is lousy.  I am always being drawn to the next shiny thing before I finish the thing I started.  It is so hard for me to finish things no matter how I try.

That is why I am asking for focus this year.  

The squirrels taught me to stow things away to work on during the long winter months and I have patterns that are 1/2 done or knitting that just needs a tweek here and there.  I have things to do...I have all these ideas that I keep writing down...I just need a starting place.

For now, I am going to reconnect to my blog and springboard my ideas here so I can revisit them later.   Baby steps...

Happy crafting,
Ruinwen
:) 






No comments: