Sunday, August 31, 2014

So It Would Seem

Oops, this never got published back around Labor Day.  My bad.  :)

Aries are bad at finishing things.  This is one of the things that I told you I wanted to work on in my life when we were talking about things I'd like to change about myself.

But this week I actually felt that I took some steps to conquer whatever it is that holds me back when I want to complete a project.

My sister and I began the Herculean task of seaming the blanket together.  I went back and forth on how to do it since with the carries the edges were a little wonky and came up with this:



When you have garter there are smiles, the bottom stitches and frowns, the top stitches that create the fabric. Normally when you seam, one of the ways to do the mattress stitch is to go up through the smile and then into the corresponding frown.



With my extra bit of yarn for the carry I ended up going through both of the stitches on the left-hand side and it ended up looking like this.



I'm actually very, very happy with this join.  The mattress on garter will always be a little less invisible then with stockinette by nature, but everything lines up nicely and I'm just going to let any little imperfections go. I'm going to see the forest instead of the trees, as it were.



Again, I am really happy with this join and voila the blanket is ready to have the border put on. Please excuse the ends; this is a work in progress.  :)

This week I reached out to the knitting community not once but thrice on advice on how to end things.   The responses I got were wonderful.  Each person took time out of their day to help me on my journey even though we never have met.  It is such a blessing to be a part of something bigger than myself that is full of beautiful and kind people like Ravelry.  I am very thankful to each of you for your help and without your advice I might not have been able to finish both my seaming and my Sunburst Spectacular Shawl.



Here is the shawl in all of its glory.  I just love the color progression!

It feels good to complete so many things.  :)

Happy crafting,
Ruinwen
:)


No comments: