Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Borrowed Time


A Cat's Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human can hardly move!

I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"

I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly, I have sharp teeth -
And my claws I will unsheath

For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.

The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night.

-Author Unknown

I want to share all the amazing things I accomplished this weekend but I feel like a fraud. I cleaned and gardened to keep my mind busy. I was afraid if I stopped moving the tears would fall and never stop.

My beloved Obsidian is very sick. I don’t know how much longer he will be with us.

We spent the weekend letting him do all the things he loved. He basked in the sun as I gardened and cleaned the garage. We fed him his favorite foods and one of us was always with him giving him love and lots of petting.

My poor purry furry has been living on borrowed time for a while now.

There was one month that seems so long ago now where my Mother was hospitalized and almost died. My Father on visiting her fell and we found out he had blood on his brain. He was hospitalized and almost died.

At home Obsidian was being treated for cancer; it was only luck that we found it in time. Widdershins our other cat had an infected uterus and if it had burst would have died.

All four beings that I love dearly had a horrible brush with death and all survived and recovered. It was nothing short of a miracle…an amazing blessing. I am so thankful for all the extra time that I’ve been given with my parents and my kitties.

But it seems my sweet Obsidian is fighting a battle with a powerful enemy and he may not grace our house much longer. We have at least a week before the tests come back to spend with him. I’m thankful that I can tell him how much he means to me. I will miss him so much. We all will.

So please pray for my sweet fluffy guy that he doesn’t suffer or feel any pain. I want his last days to be full of hugs, treats, sunbeams and the knowledge that he is truly loved.

If I’m MIA on blogs and such…I hope you can understand.

Have a happy Passover, Easter or whatever Spring rebirth holiday you celebrate. :)

All my love and light,
Ruinwen
:)

9 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

::hugs::

Chelle said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sending you at least 8 hugs a day.

Bianca said...

(((hugs to you)))

Geraldine said...

Oh I am so sorry to read this. What a beautiful,dear cat.

TAke care Ruinwen and big hugs to all of you. I know the heartbreak of sick kitties, it's devastating, not to mention all your other pain.

Nana Sadie said...

I know how much it hurts. I'm so sorry. You are all in my prayers.
(((Hugs)))

Birdsong said...

So sorry I didn't see this sooner.. I will be sending my rays your way as well as everyone elses'.

Anonymous said...

Healing energies from us!

Geraldine said...

Just browsing the blogs, wondered what was new with you dear Ruinwen. I love your name, I don't know if I ever mentioned that, Ive never known a Ruinwen before.

I hope things are settling down in your life and easing up too. I know of all the challenges you wrote about, much too much. We are still just getting by. Facing some hurtles and more hurtles. OUr dear Mitz died in August.

Hugs, G