Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sisters









"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
-- Nietzsche


This post is going to be all over the place. My mind is like a closet that needs cleaning today.

I’ve been holding my friends close lately…in my heart…never far from my thoughts. So many of you are being affected by the state of the world it makes my heartache. …poor economy, financial trouble, layoffs, husbands…brothers…sons at war, illness of self or those you love…

I just want to send you all a big ****hug****

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

I ask the air to keep hope alive when the dark night of the soul sets in. I ask fire to keep the will strong so that the impossible is never out of reach. I ask water that connects us all heart to heart that the love that we have for our families and friends be an endless well that uplifts and supports us. I ask the Earth for Her forgiveness and to continue to give us a home where we can live and love and create a better day. I ask the God to watch over my friends and keep them safe. I ask the Goddess to care for them and provide them with what they need. So mote it be.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Have you heard about this CPSIA? After Feb 10th you will no longer be able to sell or donate any item that has not been tested. So if you are a loving charity giving sweetheart…get those items in now because after the 10th they will be considered “a health hazard.” I know this law is well-meaning but it is just well…not. This two-edged sword that protects our children will kill so many small businesses that can not pay the testing fees that it makes me cry thinking about it. The charities that are shutting down their children’s divisions because they can’t afford the testing…just turns my stomach.

I was fingering the little hat they gave me for my son…who was such a miracle to us…some loving soul hand knit that for him. Someone like you…the dear readers of my blog who are so giving…

I mean truly how can the yarn companies which are in as much trouble as everyone else even afford the testing? *shakes head*

So no children’s items this spring…all my items will have a disclaimer, “Not for children 12 or under,” on them. Better to be safe than sorry. “rolls eyes”

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

People seemed to like my writing…that was nice. I’m waiting on the judging to find out if he deems me a writer with talent. Regardless…it was a fun experience.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****











My Vanna project has given me nothing but trouble and I ripped over and over before I figured out something that works. I still can’t show you more than the sneak peek above...but I named it Sisters.

I have a sister by birth who is the best. We are totally night and day from each other but somewhere in the middle we come together and are really tight. We make time to hang with each other each week because we love each other’s company. We finish each other’s sentences and break into song together. She always shows me a new and different way to look at things. Even in my darkest moments, she can constantly make me smile. When I face life’s hardest hurdles she is always there to hold my hand. I love her plain and simple. She is an amazing, talented, smart woman who I am blessed to call family.

Then I have a sister who is not related but she’s stuck by me through thick and thicker. Again we really have differing views on most everything but it doesn’t matter. We are joined at the heart and have been for years. She’s always been there when I didn’t have a clue where to go next. She always listens to me and my crazy stories and is someone I can really count on. My love and respect for her is huge. She is an extraordinary mother, a super smart teacher and able to fix anything with parts. I am blessed to have her as a friend and she and her family was adopted into ours years ago.

So my project is to honor these two special women. It stopped being about the contest as much as what as I wanted to say. In this crazy world where who knows what will happen next, it is comforting to me to know such beautiful, vibrant beings who are not only my sisters but also my best friends. I am truly blessed.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

For all of your well wishes and prayers and good thoughts…thank you. Every one of you means so much to me and one day I’ll design something to commemorate the beauty of community.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Mom moved into her new digs this weekend. I like her new room it is homey and has a nice view of the woods. She was really optimistic and happy and then went back to being depressed and confused. My horoscope prepared me for that so I was okay…I even told DH before we left to see her that I had a feeling it was talking about Mom. Wish I’d been wrong but what can you do?

Moving took most of the weekend and the rest was filled with deep intellectual discussions about BSG and the season opener. Don’t worry I won’t discuss all that here but WOW…that was an intense episode.

My goals are simple for this week…do not promise anything I cannot handle, soak in bath for at least an hour and if Sisters is not done by Sunday night at 8:00 p.m.…let the contest go. I love it regardless of what is done with it and that is all that matters.

*warm hugs* and bright blessings,
Ruinwen
:)

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Wow! I did not know of that law, it amazes me. But there are more laws nowadays that amaze me, and I can't see the use of it. Ah well :-)

Am glad to read that your mom feels comfortable in her new room.

Geraldine said...

You certainly have a lot on your plate dear Ruinwen. But you also have lots of support and wonderful people and things to be happy and grateful for. My friendship is always a part of your support. You are never far from my thoughts, your mom too.

Hugs to both of you and take care, G

Nana Sadie said...

Very wise...hold on, hon
And thanks for your best wishes!
(omg - my word verification is "resis")
(((hugs)))