Monday, December 29, 2008

Pay It Forward Exchange


Months ago I joined the “pay it forward exchange” on Oharu's website and then life happened. To quote a friend I've "created a new normal" for my life now and I am working on attending to my prior obligations before creating new ones.

The Pay it Forward Exchange is based on the concept of the movie Pay it Forward where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with the hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on.

So here’s how it works:
I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange.

All gifts will be kept secret until after they are received. I will complete all gift projects within 3 months time. I know I can handle 1 project a month.

What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

1.) In your comment, tell me what colors you like. Also, please tell me if you have some allergies, or if there’s something else I need to know. I have two cats and their fur is unfortunately hard to keep out of things. If you are allergic then this may not be the exchange for you.

2.) I know that not everyone has or wants a blog. If you’re one of those people who has no blog and no desire to create one, you can still participate if you post the promise in an online forum where you participate. Include the link in a follow-up comment so that I can check out the forum.

And that is it. Sorry that only the first 3 posters will be part of the exchange. Regardless of what happens, I will follow through with this exchange.

I love the whole idea of the pay it forward energy. Just like RAOK...it is a beautiful idea. I'm the kind of person who leaves notes for people I don't know just to cheer them up...or I pay the toll guy for the next person...or do something fun and or stupid just to make someone smile...so this exchange is right up my alley.

:)
Ruinwen

* That is my 2nd Sheldon up there. I made him for my son's teacher and she loved him. It really is a fun knit and I finished him in three days. :) *

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey..this is such a great idea..let me think on it and decide if I can participate. I've been super busy and I'd hate to say yes and follow through. Regardless, hope things are well and I LOVE the turtle!!!!!

Birdsong said...

I did this last year with mixed results, but I'm game to try again if you didn't get enough responses.