Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Yule!


YULE
by Ruinwen

Oh tiny Jesus, lying in a manger.
Oh tiny Horus, cradled in Isis's arms.

Oh tiny Pryderi, suckling at Rhiannon's breast.

Oh tiny Persephone, Demeter is overcome with joy.

Oh tiny Bacchus, Semele love shines upon you.

Oh tiny babe, child consort of the Goddess.

Ameratsu comes out of her cave,

And the world is once again new.


I welcome back the Sun

With outstretched arms

And a receiving heart.
I welcome back the Sun
To be reborn in my soul.

I welcome back the Sun

Who breathes back

Warmth and life into my existence.

May your Light become mine

As we grow as One.


Jesus,

Horus,

Pryderi,

Persephone,

Bacchus,

The God,

Ameratsu,

Today become reborn through me.

As the Light returns,

May my soul ignite with its beauty and life.

May the Light fill me with it's newness

And renew my life's purpose.

Thank you for the courage and passion

That your sacred fires bring.

Thank you for the warmth that has returned

A sense of goodness and peace this night to the world.


*Whatever path you follow may the blessings of the season be yours this day and every day.*
Ruinwen
:)

6 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Happy Yule to you, too! I enjoyed your poem. :)

Nana Sadie said...

Happy Yule!!!
(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your poem. Happy Yule. Merry Christmas!

Bianca said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Birdsong said...

Very lovely sentiments! Happy Yule.

Geraldine said...

So nice to hear from you again Ruinwen. What a lovely post. Sending good vibes and very best wishes for 2009. May it be a year of good news for all of us.

Big hug, G