Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coming Up For Air

Sorry, it has been so long since my last post...life and all you know. :)


I crocheted this granny square blanket for mindless crafting. I like the way it came out. I mixed the glittery yarn in for a festive touch.


Here is a slip stitch baby blanket I am making. It called for two strands and it really hurts my hands. I tried a single strand version and it still looks as nice. So next time I won't use two strands. It is a fun pattern in which you carry the yarn in the back when you are on the front and in the front when you are on the back. This way the front stays all pretty.


The amazing John was having a sale and I scored some luscious Malabrigo. The pic does it no justice and you can't feel how soft it is either. But it is the most amazing merino I have ever touched and I just can't wait to find something worthy of its amazing texture.


And...of course, there are socks. I want 10 pair for the Fall Fest and here are 3 done and one on the needles. And I started them last week on Monday...so I feel that this is a possible goal.

Well, that's it. DH has to go back in for knee surgery 'cuz they missed something so keep him in your thoughts, please.

Happy crafting everyone,

Ruinwen
:)

9 comments:

Carol & Christine said...

Everything looks fab!

Good thoughts for hubby coming!

Nana Sadie said...

THEY MISSED SOMETHING? So this one is FREE???
You gotta laugh or you'd cry, right?
Gorgeous socks, and blankets (love the glitter)
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

More surgery? Yikes!

I like the festive blanket! The glam yarn is cute in it!

Kimberly said...

That certainly is a festive blanket! And the yarn looks oh so yummy!

I'm sending good vibes your way on hubby's surgery. :)

Anonymous said...

Long Time No See--Please watch those hands because as you probably know I hurt mine knitting and it all started with a heavy weight yarn. I love the socks..

Anonymous said...

Your slip stitch blanket is going to be pretty!

Good thoughts for the hubby and shame on the surgeons for missing something!!

Bianca said...

I add my good thoughts for your hubby as well. Beautiful craftswork!

Sue said...

Love the socks and the blankets! Great colors in all of them. Good luck to your hubby!!

Jackie said...

Nice blankie.

is 1/10 sock mine ???