Monday, May 02, 2005

Rainbow Blanket



Warning: The following entries are about crochet and have no knitting content what-so-ever. Thank you for your understanding. :)

A friend of mine gave me a family blanket to fix because it had "dropped a stitch". The thing that confused me was that she said it was a crochet blanket.  Crochet does not drop stitches.

On examination I found the drop stitches to be chain ladders in between double crochets. I had never seen this pattern before and after fixing my friend's blanket, I had to try to make one of my own.

The result is this weekend's entry. I have left one drop ladder so you could see what I was talking about before I finished it into a neat braid. Also, the original pattern had tied the braid at the end but that is why it unraveled. I chose to weave the last chain through the finished braid thus holding it for all time.

I really enjoyed this blanket and I think I will make another. It crochets up very fast because of all the chains.

Thank you again for your understanding. Hopefully, my next post will be on some knitting. :)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG! That is the crochet pattern my Grandma used to make all the time! She found it in a magazine waaaaay before I was born.

It is a fun pattern..I got to finish her last one right after she died..

Thanks for the post! Grams died just over a year ago & I really miss her. Nice to have an out of the blue reminder of her! :)

Kim

Carol & Christine said...

Beautiful! Looks fairly easy too!
Great Job!

Nana Sadie said...

Ruinwen what a beautiful blanket! I don't crochet (well, at least) but that makes me want to reconsider! You should be very proud!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like the rainbow blanket! Cool stuff. Someday I gotta make me a big old blanket. With a very large needle so it crochets up fast, and isn't unbearably dense and heavy. The yarn I have in mind will lend itself to that sort of thing...

But--yikes! Still haven't worked on your dishcloth. But if I didn't write the pattern down, I can probably figure it out again.

Anyway. Babbling. Will stop now.