Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Feeling Inspired

My support team of friends and family are awesome but sometimes I need help with being inspired and I like to look at different cultures and traditions to create new interest and spark those creative juices.

Inspiration is different for everyone.  It can also come out of unexpected moments from sources that we never even thought about in that context.

When I need inspiration I turn to people around the globe to connect with.  Just watching their videos fill me with a sense of grounding and repurposing. 

So for my blog post today, I wanted to share a few of the people that inspire me the most with you.  Some may resonate with you and you might find a new source of inspiration that is outside of your normal realm.

If none of them inspire you then find people that do so when you need a pick-me-up then you always have them at your fingertips.

They are in no particular order and I am not being paid or supported in any way by mentioning them.  I have found them inspirational at one point or another and keep gravitating back to them to find grounding.

Zentangling is the art of taking a doodle (they have a huge list on their website) and creating it without judgment or a plan.  This Zen way to doodle untangles your mind as you create and get lost in the art.  Zentangle has been a huge asset for me with anxiety and creative blocks, plus, I really enjoy creating the tangles.  They have had daily updates during Covid 19 and it is has been fun to learn new tangles every day for me as well.

Dr. B is part chiropractor part guru.  He works with a patient on every level and uses many techniques that he has honed through studying across the world.  Some people use his videos to reach ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) with his videos and he tries to promote this.  He explains the process that he goes through to correct skeletal imbalances with attention to the smallest details that contribute to poor health like diet or water consumption.  I find him very relaxing and very grounding.

I have watched Michelle grow as a content provider.  Her "dare accepted" series is amazing.  She has gotten to do so many things and had a wide myriad of experiences.  My favorite videos are ones where she takes on the challenge of working in a profession that is high profile.  She has trained at NASA, been a stuntwoman, worked as a police officer and firefighter, dressed up as a superhero, and even helped her friends and fans get healthy.  She has a good heart and it comes through.  She is also very human and I like that about her.  I am always inspired by her taking on challenges where she has to push outside of her comfort zones. 

My sister introduced me to her when she showed me the videos of ice singing and I fell in love.  Jonna is a beautiful Sweedish goddess that lives in concert with the world around her.  I am so inspired by this woman.  She paints with pigments from nature, she sings like an angel, saws through the ice to make an ice pool (which makes me shudder, but I admire her perseverance) and lives with the Aurora Borealis dancing above her house.  Her filming is stunning. I get lost in her kind smile and beautiful world in every episode.  

I have been part of the "Hollens Family" for a while now.  There is something about the way this man sings acapella that really hits me in the heart-strings.  I am amazed by his range and creative talent.  I listen to everything he publishes and I have downloaded quite a bit of his music to listen to on my phone.  

There are a bunch of inspiring Minecraft YouTubers that I watch so it was hard to pick one.  PearlescentMoon is someone that I have been following for a while now.  She is really talented and doodles with blocks to create these amazing builds that are really stunning.  Even if you don't care about the game you can probably agree on the creativeness of this artist.  If you do play the game, you might learn something from her unique style.

When I need some inspiration to start something I start here.  Liziqi is a beautiful Chinese goddess who takes care of her Grandma and lives off the land.  Everything is filmed with a visual element to delight the senses.  When she cooks you can almost smell the delicate flavors laid before you.  When she works with silk you can imagine how soft it feels under your fingers.  I love learning about a different culture and way of life.  I get lost in every video she creates as I fall deeper in love with her world.

Alton Brown is a family favorite.  We used to watch his show on the Food Network.  He made us laugh while simultaneously teaching us how to improve our cooking.  Alton mixes science with comedy and cooking to create educational yet funny videos that always teach me something new.  He has a whole quarantine series he is doing right now that is so much tasty fun!

Shin Lim is jaw-droppingly amazing.  His sleight of hand is the best I have ever seen.  His shows are creatively fresh in the world of magic.  he is an awesome magician.  He also seems like a really nice guy who is eager to help others on their journey into the world of magic.

Brianna may be new to the video world but she makes up for it in awesomeness.  I have been shopping at Dragontree for years (still not being paid for this) and I use their planner and their muscle melt.  Briana is a beautiful enlightened beautiful spiritual person and I always find her videos uplighting and supportive.  She has been focusing on helping the spiritual, mental, and physical issues that are arising in people from staying at home during the Covid crisis and she has really helped me learn tools to cope.

Whitney is just plain fun.  She sings parodies, a lot of Disney, rap battles (hubby and I love those), and is really talented at morphing into different characters.  I've been watching her for years and she always makes me smile.  
(just a warning some of her videos contain explicit lyrics - so kiddies only watch this one with an adult - those rap battle can get quite catty) 

Yaya is a beautiful costumer, designer, and cosplayer.  She oozes with creativity.  She makes her own cosplay costumes and they are always amazing.  I am always inspired by the time, detail, and creativity that she puts into her cosplays.  Right now she is sewing face masks to help out in this crisis.

Lindsy is so talented.  She can sing, dance, and play the violin; sometimes all at the same time.  She creates her own music as well as covering many favorite tunes from movies, anime, and games.  No video would be complete without an awe-inspiring costume to go with it.  Really this beautiful woman is so creative I always gain a little inspiration from watching her play or dance or sing.

I have a gluten/dairy intolerance that makes it really hard for me sometimes.  This woman is a creative cook who gives me some great gluten-free options for cooking.  I've learned a lot here and I really like her easy cooking style.

I have had long hair most of my life so I am always looking for new things to do.  These styles are just some of the most beautiful hair-styles I have seen outside of a movie set - so much creativity!

If you want to dye yarn, this is your girl.  She shows a lot of ways to dye and tons of ways to mix colors to create the look you want.  I have learned so much about gradient color from her; which is my favorite color style.

So, these are just a few of the people that inspire me on YouTube and each one brings a different element of encouragement to me.  Some help me to relax and re-ground.  Some energize and fill me with new ideas and purpose.  And some of them influence me to step outside of my box and learn new things.  I hope at least one of them resonates with you, but if not, that is okay too.

Just remember that creativity flows from everywhere.  

Nature is full of inspiration, colors, sights, and sounds that are sure to inspire or ground depending on what you need right now.

Art Museums are open virtually right now so you can tour someplace in another country and experience a bit of another culture.  I just visited the Louvre and it was amazing!

There are a lot of free classes, virtual knitting circles, and tons of new ways to connect and feel connected.

I hope you find things that inspire you and bring you joy!


Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

****************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  


May your loved ones be safe.  


🙏

************************

Next week we will work on making a hug.  I haven't sussed out all the details yet, but I am really inspired.

Thanks for reading!

If you have any questions regarding this or any of my other tutorials, please feel free to leave a question in the comments.

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen


😀







No comments: