Friday, February 18, 2011

A Not So Typical Week

It seems that February has hit me with a curve ball.

Each of us has been sick. It hit DH and me harder then our son so I am dragging and looking forward to a week of doing nothing.

I have not knit a stitch in a week.

Dad is in the hospital because he will not take care of himself nor let us do the job. The Assisted Living he stays in made me feel like I'm at fault when I have done all I can do. He does not listen to us and spouts Fatherly experience but in the end does nothing to help the situation. *sigh* Please pray for him and me while you are at it...this has been a hard week.

A SWAT team appeared as if by magic across from where I work. For two hours it was guns, black cars, helicopters and tons of operatives. Scared the heck out of me. They did catch someone...but I have no idea what happened.

Social Services was called again by my ex-SIL. So we did the same old song and dance and they came to the same conclusion. It pisses me off that once again my child was called out to talk to them and she has put my family in jeopardy as well as hers. She doesn't seem to understand that if indeed they found something wrong they would take my child as well and they would be taken into foster care before being given to another family member. She doesn't understand that she would not be that member. And it pisses me off that once again we had to do this. But apparently this is my life and the social worker seemed pretty upset she had to come and visit a place that was cleared 120 days ago.

To top it off my son's fish died today. He admitted like an adult that he does not want another fish. He cannot keep up with the needs of another living thing and do his homework. My sweet poor little boy. Thank you Speedy for your loyalty when I'd come up to the tank you'd always swim to greet me. May your journey on the rainbow road be full of perfect streams filled with sunbeams and happiness.

So TGIF. I have nothing to show for this week expect I survived it.

Love you all,
Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Geraldine said...

Sending hugs and good vibes your way R. I am so sorry you've had such a tough week. You don't deserve all this to deal with. You WILL get past this and things will get better. Keep focusing on a calm,serene picture of how you want life to be, even in the midst of chaos, it can make a difference. That's when we need to be positive and hopeful, most of all.


Many hugs, G

Geraldine said...

PS: Small pkg on the way to you as of today. More hugs, G

Rue said...

Hey,dont't knock yourself, hon. Surviving a week like that is an accomplishment all by itself!

And let's face it, if the SIL was the type of person to think or care about how her actions affect others, the whole situation wouldn't be what it is.

Serenity about what we cannot change, and all that...

HUGS!!!

Nana Sadie said...

I hate that you have to go thru all this, but I do hope you can see beyond the forest to the trees (I think you can!).
It will get better, of that I'm sure, and your little man is growing up and being aware - who do you think taught him that?
:)
You are amazing, dear, you know?
(((((hugs)))))