Friday, April 09, 2010

You are What you Eat



"The spiritual life is a call to action. But it is a call to ... action without any selfish attachment to the results."
-- Eknath Easwaran


If I can be quite honest with you; I’m being called. And the voice that started out in gentle dulcet tones is now up to a dull roar. Since I am clairaudient, I usually can discern what direction I’m being pulled in, but this…this is different.

I thought this was getting back to using my herbs…and it is. I thought this was doing more healing…and it is. I thought this was about maybe becoming a Weight Watchers leader…and it is. I thought this was about eating more local food…and it is.

Confused…yeah, so was I. I really had to focus to understand what would tie all these separate issues together into one cohesive whole.

I have an ND (Doctor of Naturopathy). I am a certified herbalist, Bach essence practitioner, and Reiki Master.

Really, if I could practice healing full time…it would be the perfect vocation. But…I just haven’t found a venue that allows me to do what I love and make enough to help support our family.

So when the Goddess started urging me in a direction I was hesitant…as if I know what is best for me? I had to swallow all that fear that comes with branching off of what one knows and listen with an open mind and heart.

It seems that the path I’m on may have many spokes but at the heart of them is the fuel that allows us to exist…food. What we eat determines how hale and hearty we are. When what we consume cannot fulfill the needs a functioning body has, then something within us suffers. Poor digestion interferes with nutrient breakdown, absorption, and metabolism; it allows toxins to remain in the body and accumulate which then over-stresses the body

For example, heavily processed food requires the support of more pancreatic enzymes (the enzymes that aid in digestive processes) than whole foods. This causes an imbalance in our systems that we may not even be aware of. Some of the symptoms of this imbalance are: gas, bloating, muscle pain, skin disorders, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, and heartburn.

This progression steals enzymes from the immune system to help with the digestive process…thus weakening the immune system. If the digestive process becomes sluggish, then the toxic load that it usually filters out becomes yet another hardship for it to handle. The weakened immune system then has trouble fighting off the excess free radicals (everyday toxins)…and then the whole system is compromised.

Okay, so I’m sure you’re like…this is fascinating Ruinwen but what is your point?

I’m going to get my certification as a Nutritionist. I took a class in it for my ND. I’ve learned so much about healthy eating over the years. And it really ties together everything I want to do and hope to become.

Yes, I’m scared about fitting in classes into an already crammed life…yes, it is a bit of money but I have to trust the Goddess to provide and to know what is best for me.

A Nutritionist certification opens doors for me that were previously closed and it only upgrades my ND work. It will come in handy if I become a WW leader. It will only benefit my family and help us in our journey to good health.

I find nutrition fascinating. There are so many parts of this course that I really think I will enjoy. I can’t wait to learn more about the healing power of foods.

So this blog is going to become even more diversified as I start a new leg of my journey.

Finally, an amazing piece of news…Dad sold the house pretty much right after it went on the market. I’m sooo happy that it won’t be there to vex him. I wish the new owners blessings and I hope it is a haven of serenity and happiness.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Ruinwen
*hugs*
:)
Note: The above snow is the kind I really love; cherry blossoms scattered everywhere changing the concrete to a hue of pink.

5 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Good for you! Best of luck. :)

Nana Sadie said...

YAY! on both counts - selling the house and your new "direction" because I know you'll be fabulous in it!
(((hugs)))

Marlene said...

I look forward to hearing more about this as you journey forward.

rueyeet said...

So processed foods are basically like a sickness that the immune system has to help the digestive system fight off! Wow.

Adding nutritionist to your list of certifications only makes sense, really...it's very much in tune with your drive to heal but (perhaps sadly) respected in more quarters than things like Reiki or essences.

Plus I can't wait to see what the knowledge leads to you cooking up... ;)

Happy Friday! Love you!

Birdsong said...

That is great news! I wish you all the best of success in finding a way to practice healing full-time.