Friday, September 10, 2021

It's Starting to Feel Like Fall

I spent most of today in the kitchen but I am taking a moment to get this post out to you. 

We were running low on Rosemary Gladstar's Fire Cider so I made some more.  The Tumeric always dyes everything no matter what I do but at least it was super fresh.  I need to clean the rest of it and freeze it still.

My son wanted some pumpkin bread, it is the season after all for one of my favorite fruits.  We found a gluten / dairy-free brand that we really enjoy so we are trying their pumpkin bread.  We have liked Simple Mills pancake mix, pizza dough, and crackers, so I am sure this will be no different.

Then, I whipped up some pumpkin bread at the request of my son.  Finally, I spent 5 hours roasting cherry tomatoes.

tomatoes slow roasting

My friend introduced me to these "candy" tomatoes, and I just love them.  You can make a batch and freeze them, or you can eat them like candy.  I have put them on pasta and thrown them on my salad.

They are really easy to make.  

Ingredients

4 cups cherry tomatoes, cleaned, stems removed

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon Italian herbs of your choice (my friend uses oregano, I use a mix)

my friend adds in a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar but I found that I liked the savory herbed flavors better and I omitted it.

I have also made this with some garlic cloves cut in half and slow roasted along with the tomatoes when I used it for pasta.

Recipe

Heat oven to 225 degrees while prepping the tomatoes.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Parchment paper is heat-proof, moisture-resistant, and non-stick.

Cut cherry tomatoes in half.

Place the cherry tomatoes in a bowl, toss with the olive oil.  Add the salt and herbs.  If you are using the sugar add that now as well.  Carefully toss to coat the tomatoes with the herb mixture.

Spread the tomatoes on your prepared baking pan in a single layer and then place them in the oven.

Every half an hour turn them so they roast evenly and jiggle them a bit to ensure they aren't sticking to the pan.

Roast for about five hours or until they shrivel and are partly dried.

Let them cool.  You can keep the tomatoes in the fridge for three days or freeze them for up to three months.  Another option is to store them in olive oil in the fridge.  The oil will solidify but you can just heat it up and throw it over pasta and it will be fabulous!

I love this Halloween themed knit

This is me trying to be ahead of the game this year for Halloween.

Here is a design by the fabulous Knitspot called Boing!  Isn't that a fun name?

I'm making this scarf with Knitpicks Felici in the Spooky color-way which, isn't available anymore.  I know, I know, every time I make something it seems to be gone from the shelves but that is the curse of having a huge stash I suppose.  Sorry.

I have about two feet done.  I am really enjoying the curves as the lace forms, it is a really fun knit.  😍

Are you making anything special for All Hallows Eve?

Happy crafting!

Ruinwen
😀

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.

🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏

**************************

Vixenpath is a safe space.


If you are:


LGBTQ+

Black

Brown

Asian

Any race

Coming out

Anything.


I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.




2 comments:

Secret Hippie said...

Nice recipe! Good to see that you are continuing to make lots of stuff.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Thanks, Secret Hippie! I am addicted to them. You have to let me know if you make any. Hugs! 🤗❤️